Bad "F"in night Power plug in upside down

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Bad "F"in night Power plug in upside down

Post by dalecheesy »

conan281 wrote:is there any pics on how to plug it
Make sure that the raised tabs on the cable line up with the notches in the drive and you're sorted.

gerryb10
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gerryb10 »

This happened to me on the last liteon i flashed, i thought it was a bit hard when I put it in and I went to power up the ck3 but straight away i noticed no light on the probe or on the ck3 itself then just a little puff of smoke before I turned it off immediately. I then plugged it in the right way round dumped and flashed all with the new Jungle Flasher. ;)
socalboii
Peasant
Peasant

Post by socalboii »

CoFree wrote:Well guys I am having a bad damn night.
It can/will happen to anyone.

I was messing around with a new lite-on dvd drive getting ready to shoot the next iprepv8.8 video.
This is a new lite-on that i had never dump/flash before.So i dont have the key or any of the file for that matter.
I started Doing a run through and I put the "F"in power plug in up"F"in side down. :o
It was very easy. unreal that it just plugged in no trouble. :cry:
This is with a probe power from a ck3 pro.

I turned on the power on the ck3 kit
and was looking around to see how the video was going to look.
I did not even know that it was wrong till the smell hit my nose.

and by then it was to late.
All the magic smoke was gone. :D

It burned the r207 bad.
I have done my home work and found a few thing on this and tried them but it will not dump/eject or anything.
I know its a 0 ohm resistor. and jumped it with a small wire but no love from the dvd drive.

Guys I'm just posting this to get the word out.
Please take your time and make sure of your work.

If this post help even one person then
I do see a light at the end of the "F"in dark tunnel.

Just for the record this is a first for me.
I have made a mistake or two but I was always able to recover the console.

Well
If you are going to make a mistake make it a big one.
So maybe it will all get out of your system.

Damn I'm having a bad night.
Time to kill people in "COD" :D :D
i did the samething to my liteon but i was still able to flash it. Are you getting status FFFF when you do l-o-eras.exe in dos?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thanks for the offer
but
i dont have that dvd drive anymore. :?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

I too plugged the DVD power cable (green cable that came with the CK3 Pro) in the wrong way and the next thing you know, my CK3 Pro was burned out. I just ordered another one, but this time http://www.modchip.ca came out with a new CK3 Pro Version 2 and it comes with the PPTC Protection in case you plug in the DVD power cable (green cable) in the wrong way, it won't burn out the CK3 Pro Version 2 device. Several people has had issues with the CK3 Pro Version 1 burning out due to plugging the DVD power cable in the wrong way and modchip.ca made one major change by adding the PPTC protection in the CK3 Pro. Just in case, be very careful when doing anything like flashing any XBox 360 DVD Drives and when it comes to messing around with the CK3 Pro, CK3 Probe, etc. They can burn out very easily. Just be very careful.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

c0afanh wrote:I too plugged the DVD power cable (green cable that came with the CK3 Pro) in the wrong way and the next thing you know, my CK3 Pro was burned out. I just ordered another one, but this time http://www.modchip.ca came out with a new CK3 Pro Version 2 and it comes with the PPTC Protection in case you plug in the DVD power cable (green cable) in the wrong way, it won't burn out the CK3 Pro Version 2 device. Several people has had issues with the CK3 Pro Version 1 burning out due to plugging the DVD power cable in the wrong way and modchip.ca made one major change by adding the PPTC protection in the CK3 Pro. Just in case, be very careful when doing anything like flashing any XBox 360 DVD Drives and when it comes to messing around with the CK3 Pro, CK3 Probe, etc. They can burn out very easily. Just be very careful.
glad to see you made it to the site man.
This is the board the chat is talking about. :D

If you have any questions just post in the right thread. ;)
No Questions by PM.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

Hey cofree, I need your help. I already have a flashed Samsung TS-H943 ms25 drive. I am trying to update the drive with iXtreme v1.51. I am following your video step-by-step by using iprep v8.8. Everything goes good up until I am asked "Do you want to spoof the iXtreme Firmware to ms25, Yes/No?" I don't know what to do at this point because by watching your video you don't come to this problem. I need your help, thanks. c0afanh.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

Unless you're replacing the original drive in the 360, you are not Spoofing.

So the answer is NO, if your doing a normal flash.
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

DirtySkunk wrote:Unless you're replacing the original drive in the 360, you are not Spoofing.

So the answer is NO, if your doing a normal flash.
No I am not replacing the Samsung TS-H943 ms25 drive. I am just trying to update the customer firmware to iXtreme v1.51. So I guess I hit NO when I am asked "Do you want to spoof the iXtreme Firmware to ms25?" Am I right so far? I just hit NO?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you can update a v25 to a v28
but
you cant go back.
so
i would say no you dont want to spoof to a v25

make sure to keep a copy of your orig firmware
with a good key ;)
No Questions by PM.
RDubbs007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RDubbs007 »

One thing that I like to do is color the actual plastic connector that plugs into the DVD drive on the bottom side. I colored mine red so if I see the red when the drive is right side up I know immediately to turn it over and not turn on the DVD drive (Red Sharpie works nicely) 8-)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

RDubbs007 wrote:One thing that I like to do is color the actual plastic connector that plugs into the DVD drive on the bottom side. I colored mine red so if I see the red when the drive is right side up I know immediately to turn it over and not turn on the DVD drive (Red Sharpie works nicely) 8-)
Ive done the same, except with a green sharpie.

This is kind of a lite-on specific problem though... My hitachi and samsung drives both dont really accept the power plug upside down
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

i caught myself in the act of pluggin it in wrong. now i marked the correct side of the sata cable with a white paint pen.

before i started doing boxes i spent the 70 to get the whole pro kit and probe.

c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

lcddarkangel1 wrote:i caught myself in the act of pluggin it in wrong. now i marked the correct side of the sata cable with a white paint pen.

before i started doing boxes i spent the 70 to get the whole pro kit and probe.
I am having trouble loggin into the chat room. Everytime I go to log in, it says "unable to find host name, you are now banned". I never had that problem before. Can someone help me please.

Were in the forum do you make a post. When I log into the website, I do not see a post sign anywhere. The only thing I do see is a replypost. Please help. Thanks....c0afanh.
Ricey155
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Ricey155 »

mate easily done my tip is to mark the connections ive used blue marker on both the xecuter and the lead so hopefully no drama for me
Edit by:
CoFree

You can not spam in your sig man

After you see this you can fix you sig if you would like.

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”