Flashing BenQ and Samsung with Vista

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Flashing BenQ and Samsung with Vista

Post by lilrevuk »

Fair 'nuff... I haven't got a 64 bit system to try it on, but it should work...
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Hmm, I think I will flash the drives I need to on xp, then install vista, see about signing the driver, then experiment on my hitachi and sammy drives.

Hopefully someone with vista installed can test this out. I would prefer JF over iPrep, simply because I have only used JF, and it requires no restart, and no formatting of a thumb drive.
gatorlee
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gatorlee »

I checked every possible way to try and get it installed on 64 bit vista, but this was also about 6 or 8 months ago. Turned out the easiest fix for me was format my harddrive install 32 bit xp and then install vista back over the top, if that says anything about how hard of a time i had getting any flash program to work in 64 bit vista.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Did you try resigning portio?

JF works fine on vista, but portio does not work, as its unsigned.
xXwhygodwhyXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXwhygodwhyXx »

I have vista and I never had to do this.
IMG removed -> Not suitable for a universal audience
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Sometimes you need to run as admin, and other cases you dont need to. If your using a newer version of iprep that could also be why, klutsh may have fixed it.
ogameaddict
Squire
Squire

Post by ogameaddict »

There is a program you can download call the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider, you use it to sign drivers for Windows 7, but it also works with Vista. I used it on 64 bit vista to resign the portio drivers and ran jungleflasher in compatibility mode for XP sp2. I disabled the UAC (user account control lol or the fat bastard as some call it) before trying any of this, but I did manage to flash a BenQ. What a pain tho. Windows 7 features what is called Virtual XP mode, I have heard of people with 64 bit windows 7 getting Jungleflasher to work there as well.

37 BenQ, 41 Samsung, 19 Hitachi 46, 12 Hitachi 47, 23 Hitachi 59, 11 Hitachi 78, 29 Hitachi 79, 49 Lite-On 74850, 7 Lite-On 83850, ? Original Xbox, 64 PSP Phat, 38 PSP Slim 2000, 15 PSP Slim 3000, 34 Wiis

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”