Possible Jungleflasher workaround

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
xxTheKingxx
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Possible Jungleflasher workaround

Post by xxTheKingxx »

If you guys get the chance read my post on my unorthodox method on flashing the liteon :D
Vric
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Vric »

Hi

I registered just to say thanks to all those that gives help on this forum. I was reading for few weeks before I flash my Liteon Drive, and it worked flawlessly.

This "workaround" worked for me (Via Sata Card + CK3 + Probe) all done with JungleFlasher. Worked on first try.

Thanks to CoFree for the great vids and sadalius/dalecheesy for this fix.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Just wanted to add that you don't have to "disable" the card in Device Manager, when you rename the viamraid.sys and restart Windows will automatically disable the driver.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I just disable the card, then rename the driver, then re-enable the card so I don't have to restart windows :D
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Mackum
Squire
Squire

Post by Mackum »

Thanks again guys for the great tip. I was freezing after "Lite-on Erase" using JF. After following the workaround it all went smooth. THANKS AGAIN
(Via Sata Card + CK3 + Probe)
yginesta
Bandit
Bandit

Post by yginesta »

I can over come the whole freezing thing and as a matter of fact I have always just went into DOS and erased it and flashed it when JF freezes. It is a lot easier for me besides when I disable the Via card with portio intalled JF will not recognize my port. and I cannot find the drive. I am only able to see it when the VIA card is enabled and with no ! sign. Any ideas?
grandview
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by grandview »

so by disabling your VIA card...can i still use it as a sata plugin cause i dont have a onboard one....
cainhunpi
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by cainhunpi »

Works like a charm for lite-on's
grandview
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by grandview »

this method work great...
stick person
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stick person »

Hey everyone, haven't been around in a while due to school/no time for video games. Now that I finally have some time I want to give this a try. That being said, I don't want to mess my computer up. How can I make sure everything runs smoothly? My HDD isn't running off my VIA 6421 because I got the card years after I got my puter. What could cause my PC to lock up/what should I look for before doing this? Thanks a lot.

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

If your talking about what causes the PC to freeze while trying to do the erase on a lite-on with jungleflasher, the cause is the VIA drivers. They are programmed to poll the device. So once the drive is erased, the drivers poll the drive, of course it doesn't respond because we just erased it. BANG. PC freezes waiting for a response that never comes.

Best way to deal with it if its to where you can, just disable the driver. There is a driver that I haven't tried though thats supposed to work. Someone posted a thread about it somewhere on here. Supposed to be a third party universal driver or something like that.
Sadalius

stick person
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stick person »

I basically don't want to mess my computer itself up and trying to figure out how to avoid that. Id I just disable the VIA 6421 driver and rename the viamraid file like you said in the first post, any chance of messing up my PC or nah?

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

No man, no chance of that. Worse case scenario, you would have to re-install the driver to get the card to work like normal. It doesn't mess with anything else thats not connected to the card.
Sadalius

stick person
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stick person »

Wonderful. I'm gonna give this a try in a little bit and I'll report back. Thanks.

stick person
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stick person »

Ah, my computer was so slow when I tried doing this (like another user reported). I did wait it out and saved the key, inquiry, identify, and dummy it made, but it said it couldn't read some drive data or something like that. So I'm just gonna use iPrep. That's another issue.

edit: This is what JF said about my dummy.bin
"dummy.bin is missing some drive specific information. If possible you should re-extract your drive info again with the latest tools... you can rebuild the serial info if you have the original drive available..."
So I guess I should do that, huh?

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”