Possible Jungleflasher workaround

The place for more technical questions about modding your Xbox 360!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Possible Jungleflasher workaround

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, I think some drives come from the factory missing their serial data. I would rebuild it. There is a tutorial on here on doing that though. Although if you use iprep, you might wait and try to dump it with iprep as well and see if it gets the serial data. If not, then you can always rebuild the dummy with the serial data from the labels on the circuit board to get it all right.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
stick person
Bandit
Bandit

Post by stick person »

JF freezes when you try to flash drives other than the lite on, right? I'm thinking about puttin 1.6 on my Sammy so I can use that to rip games.

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

JF doesnt really freeze for anything but the lite-on (thats if you have not done this work around) if you do this work around, you should be completely fine for flashing any drive.
hav0kk
Squire
Squire

Post by hav0kk »

sadalius wrote:I have a bit of a favor to ask of those that are of the experimental type. If your having trouble with jungleflasher freezing up on you and you have a VIA card, try this and report back if it worked for you. This fixed all my problems with the 1.51 JF.

Make sure you have portio32 installed. Open device manager and disable your VIA card.

Browse to X:\windows\system32\drivers and find a file called viamraid.sys, it could be a dll I can't remember for sure. Either way there is only one file named viamraid rename it to viamraid.bak or something.

Re-enable the VIA card in the device manager. It should show a yellow exclamation mark on it. Reboot your computer. Check device manager again to make sure it still has the yellow exclamation mark on it.

Try jungleflasher on all types of drives.

Remember to report back whether this works for you or not. Don't try this if you have no way of recovering drives if your PC locks up just in case or if your primary hard drive runs off your card or you have on board VIA sata controller because your computer won't be able to boot if you remove the driver and your primary hard drive is running of that controller.
I was shown by DJshauny1 via remote assistance how to complete this and that is what allowed me to continue with my flashing.

Mind you I already had my dvdkey and drive already bricked due to polling issue, so I was in no danger.
ogameaddict
Squire
Squire

Post by ogameaddict »

Worked for me, but my RAID drivers kept reinstalling themselves even after I erased or renamed said files, I had to do this everytime I hooked up a LiteOn, didnt seem to effect the other drives tho. But I got the infamous Via freeze if I didn't remember to erase the drivers before erasing. But I got rid of that computer and the VIA headache. I have a Nforce mobo that the native sata works great on all drives

37 BenQ, 41 Samsung, 19 Hitachi 46, 12 Hitachi 47, 23 Hitachi 59, 11 Hitachi 78, 29 Hitachi 79, 49 Lite-On 74850, 7 Lite-On 83850, ? Original Xbox, 64 PSP Phat, 38 PSP Slim 2000, 15 PSP Slim 3000, 34 Wiis
ogameaddict
Squire
Squire

Post by ogameaddict »

Give us some details Barelynotlegal maybe we can help. If its a liteon, you dont want to have the read tab selected you want the liteondvdkey tab selected as it can't pull the keys normally from a LiteOn.

37 BenQ, 41 Samsung, 19 Hitachi 46, 12 Hitachi 47, 23 Hitachi 59, 11 Hitachi 78, 29 Hitachi 79, 49 Lite-On 74850, 7 Lite-On 83850, ? Original Xbox, 64 PSP Phat, 38 PSP Slim 2000, 15 PSP Slim 3000, 34 Wiis
BartV
Squire
Squire

Post by BartV »

My lite-on upgrading 74850c was surely done for as it didn't respond to anything until I used iprep to flash the L74.bin file onto my drive using a rs232 adapter and the Via drives with the portio32 installed. When I tried to flash it (type in the right port number and press enter) it gave me the message Unknown Device detected. I then checked the key dumping to see if I should get the right key in jungle flasher. When I tried to dump the keys I got the 55a5a5a5a5a5a555 error. This explains why it doesn't reconize any cd's. How can I fix this?
buftyboy
Squire
Squire

Post by buftyboy »

Hi guys I tried this workaround and it has worked for me on 2 liteons and a benq.Works a treat and no reinstalling on lots of reboots.I always come to you guys for tuts and videos and you rock.Thanks for all your help
Retrovertigo
Squire
Squire

Post by Retrovertigo »

Hi there, first time user so hello!

I've been googling the same kind of problems people in this thread have had, and to no avail so far.

I have followed the advice in the first post, and am kind of having success, until the flashing is complete.

I have tried doing both an Hitachi 59 and a Samsung 25 drive. Jungleflasher starts up just fine, and while trying to flash, my mouse gets a little laggy, but is workable. However, as soon as flashing is complete, my pc lags like crazy and then takes maybe 20 minutes to shutdown.

I first of all tried with the port IO drivers installed, as per the first post in this thread, and have since tried the later jungleflasher which has port IO intergated. But still the jungleflasher freezing happens once flashing is complete.

It might not seem like it is that much of a problem. But next on my list is a lite on, and I'm worried I'll get frozen halfway through it.

Is anyone from this thread still suffering similar problems at all? thanks for any extra advice :)

Return to “360 DVD Drive Flashing”