Xbox 360 Lamp Mod

Let us see what you've done to your Xbox 360 that makes it your own!
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Xbox 360 Lamp Mod

Post by R3n »

ok, i have modded my old rrod xboxes into fashionable lamps... now what i am wanting to do and haven't been able to do so far is power up the rf boards on these to light the power rings on my lamps does someone have a schematic or info that will help me power the rf boards so i can have the green led lights work on my lamps??

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Xbox 360 Lamp Mod

Post by CoFree »

man that is great :shock: :shock:
if i had something to help i would give it
im not sure what you could do to get the rro light to light
but damn man that is cool
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

Thanks man, I knew you guys would dig it here...I just found a web site that sold oem cases for $12.00 $15.00 with shipping... so more furniture mods to come.. hahaha I just have to get to that rf board to make them "really cool!!"
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

Second pic could be my desk (minus the lamp and picture). 3 or 4 packs of partially used cd's/dvd's (various size packs), a 360 or two, a couple of spare 360 parts like an RF board or screws (at least 1 eject button within reach), and some contact cement instead of duct tape. Everything in mild disarray, but where I can find it. :lol:
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

Yeah I would assume a lot of our workspaces most likely look the same or at the very least similar....
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Damn thats cool :lol: :lol:

The easiest thing to do would be to get a bread board, and stick 4 LED's on it, then mount that board (via glue or something) where the RF board is.

The LED size you need are 0603 but, just about any SMD will work.

Then just hook it up to batteries, or wire it into the lamp. To get the RF board working you'd need to wire it up with power, then somehow get all the other LED's aside from the middle one working.

Here is the RF pinout I found:
1 - 3.3v
2 - usb-
3 - usb +
4 - Ground
5 - power on/off switch / goes to Southbridge 21E (directly from document of pinouts)
6 - Serial Data
7 - Serial CLK
8 - Ground
9 - Goes to pin 16 of J1A1 (extra pin on the back USB port) but is not connected to anything on the RF module. (directly from document of pinouts)
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

Thanks man, found that last night as well.... this weekend i will venture into picking up a multimeter , smd's and breadboard and such, i was thinking the same thing, also as well a power supply and some switches... one way or another this will be lit up soon! haha,
In the meantime someone at work brought me in 2 xboxes that are rrod, one i fixed so far, hitachi 79 drive... now trying to learn how to flash it and to see if i have the correct chipset for my pc, since i havent done this in ages... anyways thanks for all your help man and more pics to come later....
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

Found the LT+ and now i dont have a pc that can program since i donated my old pc to a lesser fortunate family this christmas..... i still have the via chipset card, but new pc has no space to attach.... is there anything i can get to program this with a laptop?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well you may want to wait until the xtractor X360 Pro.

Its basically a USB adapter. You connect the drive to it, and you will not have any via errors or anything. It's going to make life a WHOLE lot easier.
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

whens this champ come out?
R3n
Peasant
Peasant

Post by R3n »

I bought a usb to sata adapter and successfully flashed a hit 47 drive.. with lt+1, thanks for all your help... still working on lights on my lamps... not going so well but have a new back up plan coming soon... will up some pics if things go well haha. thanks for all the info...

Return to “Cosmetic Case Mods”