The Covenant

Let us see what you've done to your Xbox 360 that makes it your own!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

The Covenant

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Here are some pics of the controller we just painted. It is iridescent, its black purple and green (if you look in the first pic by my thumb you can kind of see some green). If you look at it straight on its purple, at an angle its kind of dark green (not so much with the clear coat) and if you look ta it from far away its black.

Looks soooooo cool. I think I am going to paint my xbox this color. The camera takes away from the color... It looks probably 500x better in person :P

Still have to fix it though :( There is a run on it, and I sanded it and didnt realise one of the parts was still semi wet, so I ended up getting a finger print on another part. Small fix, probably take 20 mins.

The next thing I am doing is fading pink and red on my other controller. A friend of mine wants a pink and red fade, so I figured take his controller and money, then just fade pink on my already red controller, it will be done faster, and have the same result. So look for those pictures soon ;)
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: The Covenant

Post by dalecheesy »

Nice. Do they hold up well to daily use or do they need touching up after a few months? (that sounded odd) :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Very well.

The one thing I have found is that on the first controller I had done (about a month ago) the paint has worn out a bit, only in a small spot... If you turn the controller over, and look at the 2 bottom screws, there are like 2 circles above them that have kind of worn, hard to see unless you really look.

Also, I didnt clear coat that controller, so I think that may be part of the problem, and I didnt let the paint cure before using it.

I used that controller ALOT, since its my main controller, and for the last month I have gamed quite a bit. So I would say aslong as you take the right steps it holds up extremely well.

If you want it to never fade/ware, you can use fabric dye, that dyes the plastic, so it will never fade or ware out... I find the dyes to be boring... No good colors, and I think you can only really do a solid controller. I dont think you can mask the controller while using it, and I dont think paint sticks very well to it.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Been fancying doing the 360 and the controller to match. I quite like graphite coloured ones in a matt effect. Hmmm time to polish up on my spraying skills i think..
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I am thinking of doing one of my xbox's the same iridescent. I bought a new style black, its like 'silk black' or something like that, it looks wet once its dry, and makes the iridescent look more vibrant. Imagine the pictures above, but like 20 times more vibrant.

Here are the other controller I painted today:

Its pink with black over spray's, I probably should have over sprayed more, give it that 'graffiti' look

(My basement looks so grimy hahaha)

Return to “Cosmetic Case Mods”