Fable 3

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Fable 3

Post by dalecheesy »

Anyone playing this? Gotta say i'm pretty underwhelmed. I was a massive fan of the original fable on the pc and enjoyed the second installment on the 360 but wooh they've dumbed this one down monumentally. Combat is the usual button bashing affair and the game hasn't sucked me in the same as the previous versions. The dog's more of a hindrance than ever and i miss being able to select the weapon augments and whistling and burping gets boring fast. The game world looks as lovely as ever when people don't get stuck against rocks etc. And why oh why can't they provide an option of repairing all houses at once. Bought everyone available and it's a pain in the ass.AND the ending just appears suddenly with no chance of preparing everything just "right time to finish the game". Pffffft. I was so looking forward to this :cry:
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Fable 3

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yea, big let down for me as well.

Fable 1 and 2 sucked me in as you said, and this one was pretty boring. Combat was the same thing over and over, the thing I particularly hated was the weapon's. Fable 2's augmentation's were awesome, it was all about buying/finding a weapon with lots of augment slot's and high stock damage. In this one I found a pistol in a chest early in the game, and used it through the rest of the game.

The store's sucked also, you could only buy 1 item from the little stall's I cant totally remember fable 2's stalls but seems to me there were multiple item's you could buy.

The housing is kind of dumb, you have to constantly keep your houses repaired because if they reach 0% you receive no rent money. Owning all the houses in the game is too many to constantly be repairing, almost not worth it.

The story was alright, but somewhat boring. The end where you need to decide between keeping your promises or breaking in order to make money, was kind of stupid. I ended up having to cheat in order to make enough money to do the final mission.

Let down as far as I'm concerned.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah exactly. In the end the choices i made had no emotional impact on me the way previous versions did plus you can basically buy a shop. open the door and thieve it of everything you want. The enemies were much too easy and quickly grew repetitive. Going to have to dig out my Fable 2 to try and restore my faith in it. It could have been sooo much better. Mind some of the stuff those crazy gnomes shouted had me laughing out loud. " That's a nice pair of shoes...Does your granny not want them back" :D :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

haha yea I remember laughing out loud at a couple parts during the game.

This game seems much more geared towards multiplayer, but I played offline and I only have a couple friend's that own the game, seems they only played fable 3 for a short period of time then they all switched to another game :?

Return to “What you're playing”