LiteOn DG-16D2S is not working. what to do?

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

LiteOn DG-16D2S is not working. what to do?

Post by Indulgence »

Hi, i have xbox360 with LiteOn DG-16D2S. I have flashed my drive from 1.5 to 1.6nonstealth successfully, but when i put it back to my xbox 360, it looks like dead one: laser is not glittering, tray is not working. If I connect the drive to my pc, i can see it on dosflash or even device manager (but also tray isnt working neither laser). tried to flash it again, but it didnt help... suggest me someone something :/
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: LiteOn DG-16D2S is not working. what to do?

Post by commando_lee »

Indulgence wrote:Hi, i have xbox360 with LiteOn DG-16D2S. I have flashed my drive from 1.5 to 1.6nonstealth successfully, but when i put it back to my xbox 360, it looks like dead one: laser is not glittering, tray is not working. If I connect the drive to my pc, i can see it on dosflash or even device manager (but also tray isnt working neither laser). tried to flash it again, but it didnt help... suggest me someone something :/
Basicly are you saying the drive is non responsive??

If so may be the drive has locked up and needs recoverin.?
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

commando_lee wrote:Basicly are you saying the drive is non responsive??

If so may be the drive has locked up and needs recoverin.?
yes, it is non responsive after flashing. and if it is locked up, what should i do to recover it?
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 195&t=3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; video guide

http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 197&t=8600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8xxxxx text guide
http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 7xxxxx text guide

Just try and reflash the drive again and see what happens
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

i have downloaded RHPG's iPrep 9v, updated ixDef, but i cant load ixtreme firmware on it: "No valid Firmware Loaded". what to do? btw thanks for helping...
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

which fw are you trying to load?
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

ix16-liteon-repack_nostealth.bin this one
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

use the attached ixdef. Credits go to MJCROOK
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

i flashed it again successfully, but its still the same. btw, when usb drive boots firstly i have to power the drive on or put in SATA cable? and after flashing, do i have to power off first or take out SATA cable? really, thanks for helping..
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

Indulgence wrote:i flashed it again successfully, but its still the same. btw, when usb drive boots firstly i have to power the drive on or put in SATA cable? and after flashing, do i have to power off first or take out SATA cable? really, thanks for helping..
when comps at c:/ connect sata and power on

Just to test the drive flash back the OFW or the fw that you took off it
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

commando_lee wrote:
Just to test the drive flash back the OFW or the fw that you took off it
how can i flash back the OFW? :/
Indulgence
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Indulgence »

hi there, i got some news. when i put my liteon dg-16d2s into my friends xbox, it works normally: laser is working, tray is opening except that when i try to play any game, my friend's xbox 360 shows that i have to put this disc into xbox 360. and by the way, when i put my liteon into my xbox it looks like dead one. i have checked sata and power cables. they are fine. what to do? :(
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Well the put this disc in a Xbox 360 is because the DVD key is not embedded in the firmware you flashed to your drive. Go to xbins and download the original lite-on firmware for your version drive and use JF to put the key you dumped into the OFW, then use iprep to flash the drive back to stock.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!

Return to “Junk”