You guys and your tutorials.

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
Boomtown
Peasant
Peasant

You guys and your tutorials.

Post by Boomtown »

Gosh, I don't know what I'm going to do with you guys. I Have five xbox's laying around my house now because of Cofree and Haggard. And to think.. This time last week I did not have a single working Xbox. Just want to say thanks, You guys helped me jtag a console, and spoof a drive into it to get it working... Found haggards video of heat gun reflowing last night.. Ran to Hobby Lobby (local crafts and arts and hobby stuff store) grabbed a HOT PINK Embossing tool Image check how hot it got (around 450F) And gave it a go on an old e74 I've had laying around my house for about two years now. let it cool off and she booted right up... "Sweet!" I think to myself.... Fixed two xboxs in two weeks... then I looked in my pile of broken 360s and get a look about like this :twisted: Two red rings one of the error code 0122 and then a 0102.. Heat, cool, working! Then there was a console I have no idea what happend to it.. It wouldnt even power on... So i pulled it out and started poking around on it.. Noticed that the Hana chip wasnt in the white lines that are around it. Heated it for abut 40 seconds, used a jewlers screwdriver and lifted on the corners. it slide maybe 3 mm's to the right (with power cable facing away from me) And then it dropped flush with the board. Im guessing it sunk into holes? What ever it did.. That revived her also. So now I have a dilema... What to do with 5 360s....

So.. Now I ask one more thing of you guys... Whats some really cool\nifty\random things I can do with a jtag... Is there a way to make a custom dash load first? Sort of like on the original xbox how you could load a custom dashboard onto it? (I cant for the life of me remember the name of the one I used.. Vividly remember the install screen.. was an anime girl in a really skimpy santa suit...) Im open to suggestion and wanna have a lil fun or a challenge in the process.

So with all of that I must say thanks to you guys once more. This is by far the most helpful forum I have come across yet!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: You guys and your tutorials.

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

It was probably unleash x or evo x I believe those were the only 2 dash's available through the linux installer. There are a few more now I think.

Congratulations man, glad to hear you got it all working.

I have 5 xbox's also ;) I use most of them :P

Different TV, different xbox :lol:

You can always sell them if you know you'll never use them.

As for jtagging the best thing to do in my opinion is to upgrade the HDD to a bigger size, then loading it up with games, arcade games, emulator's, home brew etc. Lots of times I'll be bored and just switch on my box, and have hundreds of games to play. (I still use my xbox 1 and its loaded up with rom's etc)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

good stuff man
glad you got them going :D

keep in mind the console fixed with a heat gun trick
is not permanent.some times it cam be a very short fix
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Boomtown
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Boomtown »

@Haggard, Unleashed sound right.. Is there a way to set up a dashboard like that? I think I'll go dig out my cds with my nes games lol, gotta revisit the classics!

@Cofree, Is there a way to make these more permanent? Most of these had been xclamped, the e74's and the dead board weren't.. But I went ahead and did them while they were apart.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

There's on way to really tell how long the fixes will last, at the end of the day M$ used lead free solder on the BGA thats the main issue, if you have the console's reballed that's quite permanent. (but you'll likely need to find someone with a reballing station)

When you say setup your dash like that do you mean just add emulator's etc? There emulators from nes all the way to like ps2
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you would have to take the chip off the mobo and reball it
not just reflow it

there are a few places around that do this for a fee
i never have
its just not worth the time to me
i would just rather get a new console
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Boomtown
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Boomtown »

what I mean by set it up is like.. Install it and it be the one thing that boots. Instead of having to load it through the games section. Most videos i have seen, everyone goes to their game folder and it shows as a game demo... Then they load into it.. I was thinking more of going straight to the new dash.. Instead of just booting the original.

Reballing seems like more trouble than it might be worth.. M$ really wasnt thinking when they picked the solder.. I bet they suck at picking beer for a party too. "Hey! Thats cheap.. get it!" lol

Return to “Junk”