Jungle flasher or Iprep

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Jungle flasher or Iprep

Post by conan281 »

which one of these is better so i can have a good a good thought about it :roll:
lite-on:5
lite-on 83:1 (almost messed up)
benq:1
samsung:1
hatachi:1 (Very complicated)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Jungle flasher or Iprep

Post by CoFree »

well you will get different things from different people.

That is one of the things that make our site good.
Some of us work with one thing while others work with something else.

I thing jungle will be a great program,but they just have a few bug to work out first.
so

I like Iprep my self.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

thanks for the heads up Cofree ;)
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Lately I do all BenQ and Samsung with JungleFlasher but any Lite-Ons I still do using iprep.
RHPG, home away from home :)
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

for some rason iprep seems more bugless by the looks of it : 8-)
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Iprep for me apart from Hitachi's which i still use toolbox for but its all down to personal preference. Whichever you feel comfortable using.
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

i have a lite-on but i think i would like to go with iprep
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

I tried jungle flasher and my drive erased and pc froze (only been a member for 19 hr's so far an did not get the chance to see cofee's great vid's) - I feel scared to use jungle flasher now as cofee said his pc had no chip sets (mine has north and south bridge chipsets so I don't know if that will effect iprep or other methods ??) so my only option is Iprep but a friend said use iprep v0.00.6 and as seen in coffe's restoring the Liteon drive where he strips all but the Dos programme out of Iprep an flasher's through Dos that's in short the same advice my friend gave me from his membership to this site so I am now confused an in an head spin and to top it all I have now come across some software called 360 Modification disc & xflasher but can not seem to find and tutorial's nor advice or even if it's got bug or even works at all

This Liteon drive to me is the worst I have come across I'am not the Brains of England so I long for the very simple easy to use and do the job - my pc friendly - flashing software without any bugs lol. :cry:
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Hi Paddy. The chipset cofree was talking about would have been a sata chipset not the north bridge and south bridge. For the best results it's worth investing in a Via 6421 card (which normally causes jungle to crash) as it solves compatiability issues you may have with onboard sata ports. If you have dumped the firmware from your liteon and jungleflasher is showing that its a good dump you could rename it to litcfw.bin and use iprep to flash it over.
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

thanks for that dalecheesey - I have the via card you mention so what I was going to do was read the keys from my Liteon with junglefalsher and save the keys before going in to iprep.

1. but what I would like to know is ..if I read them first with junglefalsher then could I with the drive tray still 3 qtr's closed could I just power off the connectivity kit an then un-plug sata cable and apart from powering on the kit to do the half open/half close trick on the dvd tray as it would have been done from reading the keys from using jungleflasher could I leave it and just power back on when at the first part of the iprep video after typing dlit 1234567 12345 just power it back on to then insert the probe or would I have to close the tray via the connectivity kit after reading the keys from using jungle flasher and then when booted into iprep from my flash drive pen need to do the proccess of powering the kit again then opening the tray then powering off the kit and half close the tray an leave the power onto the connectivity kit to then begain starting inserting the probe to go through the iprep proccess - hope you can understand what I am asking lol.

2. in cofree's vid he say's he left his ide drive connected when he was getting to the stage where powered off and on the connectivity kit he said his (might hang) then went onto type in then number 6 as his primary port what I need to know is what is mean't by the ide are they my the dvd drive/s an the hard drive ?

3. and as cofree had his still plugged in I am un-sure as to what I would see if mine was un-plugged on the screen after hitting any key or what command to give yes or no to the (do I wish to go into mtk flash command or resend ???) because he then went onto type no so as not to go into mtk flash or resend then he typed his drive number 6 thats the other part I am confussed at - sorry to be a pain in the arse - and thank you or anyone else for any help.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

1: if you have already dumped the keys with jungleflasher you dont have to use the dlit command with iprep (in your first post you mentioned that the drive was erased so you couldn't redump it anyway) Rename the dumped file which jungleflasher created to Litcfw.bin then use the flit command instead. You don't have to connect the probe as you only need it to dump the firmware. Follow the onscreen instructions in iprep and you can't go far wrong.

2: Cofree's video points out that it might hang as he didn't disconnect the r232 com cable not an ide. Your best bet is to disconnect everything attached to the motherboard except the liteon. You wouldn't have this problem as you don't need the r232 connected as you have already erased the drive so don't need the com cable attached to the ck3.

3: You would type N then your port number. If you follow cofrees guide you'll be up and running in no time.

Load your firmware jungleflasher dumped back into jungle first and make sure that the key is valid (no 000000s etc) as it's slightly worrying that the drive is now erased and save the files in a few locations. Oh and use the internal sata port on the Via card which is nearest to the front of your tower.(if that makes any sense)
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

thanks for the info but I was asking and I am very sorry if I am doing your head in here fella but now I understand that it was the com cable that should be de-tached - thank you... but if I keep it connected it will do the same as cofree's video so I know it won't have an adverse affect or I hope so - and if I understand rightly the sata cable should be plugged into the via card on the inside of the pc and not out-side

now the the bit I have confused you with is that tomorrow I will get a fresh un touched Liteon drive that I intend to use iprep with so here I will try to explaine what I am trying to ask ... firstly in cofree's vid he say's it's a good idea to copy the keys generated in the back-up's folder in iprep and power down so to avoid that bit an just get on with it what I was wanting to do is save the keys an not spoof them just leave them in their raw state without doing the spoofing command whilst in jungleflasher first - now the bit I need to ask is when I power down from using jungleflasher to read & save my keys after that I want to re-read the keys again as seen in the video with iprep and follow the whole flash proceedure with iprep so ... (do I leave the tray half open from using jungleflasher connect the ck3 pro kit then connect the sata cable then type in dlit 1234567 12345 then power up the connectivity kit and insert the probe because the drive would have been half opened from the saving of the keys when I was in jungleflasher so do I then insert the probe and follow cofrees video - hope you understand what I am going on about - or do I just after getting the keys in jungle flasher close the tray with the ck3 kit and and power off and the follow the video right from the start ????? :?:
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Yeah use the internal port on the via card.
Really theres no need to dump with jungle if you're planning on using iprep to do the lot. Just dump it a couple of times and save the firmware in a couple of locations for safety. make sure the keys match and bypass jungle for the dumping altogether as the way you're thinking of doing it is just making it twice the work for yourself. It's easiest to just follow the video from the start .

Just re-read your post, are you getting a replacement drive for your 360 as you have said your getting an untouched liteon or are you doing another 360 with a liteon drive?
paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

yes fella I am getting fresh one in the next day or so - an the original post did request help about my frozen drive and pc - I will just go ahead with doing it first time with iprep and dumping the keys twice - once again thank you for all your time and efforts advising me - all the best. :mrgreen:
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

No problem at all paddy. If you get stuck with anything post it up and we'll help you through it but honestly iprep is a doddle to use and don't forget to do the first flash dance when its succesful. :D :D :D

Return to “Junk”