XBL content for backups???

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
ebtank
Possible Ally of Robinhood

XBL content for backups???

Post by ebtank »

Ok guys here is one that I find strange I bought NBA live 09 and inside it comes a pass code for their nba live 365,for those who dont know 365 constantly updates your player dna to how they are playing in real life. So giving that I was looking around on xbl for downloadable content and came accross a download for the 365 for 800 ms points. Now I thought that was weird why would you buy this when it comes with the game. The version I bought was no special one that just happen to include it either usually if they do something like that it will say something on the outside of the case but it didnt.So I checked with other people that I know also bought the game and theirs also came with it I think you can see where I am going with this.The only people who would need this is someone who didnt buy the orig, I dont know kind of weird!!!
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: XBL content for backups???

Post by dalecheesy »

It's EA's (amongst others) attempt to persuade people to buy new games as opposed to second hand ones:

"It probably cost EA a pretty penny to obtain this tech from Synergy, but they’re nonetheless including it in the sixty-dollar retail cost of NBA Live 09. There’s a catch, though: you only get it for free if you buy a brand-new, shrink-wrapped copy of the game. Retail copies will come with a single-use code redeemable on Xbox Live or the PlayStation Network to download the NBA Live 365 add-on."

and

"This is part of a recent rash of measures from companies like EA and Epic Games to try and cull some revenue from the used games market, from which they (until now) make no money. EA has put up the for-pay NBA Live 365 add-on for people who don’t buy the game new, so if you pick up NBA Live 09 used from GameStop in January for $40, you’ll still have to pay the extra $9.99 if you want to unlock the full potential (and the principal feature) of the game."
ebtank

Re: XBL content for backups???

Post by ebtank »

Ok you know I didnt think of it that way that sounds more likely

Return to “Junk”