rrod fix??

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

rrod fix??

Post by strykr535 »

whats up everyone...ok heres my prob im doing the rrod x clamp fix and i did everything the tut. told me to put the heat sink compound and put all screws and washers in right when i go to start the system i still get 3 rrod and the tut. tells me i have to let it heat up and get 2 rrod ok heres the funny part when i turn the 360 on i cant even get it to heat up im noticing that the power brick light wont even stay on it will flash green then go back to orange so im guessing its getting no power any one know why?? or how to fix?? i know there really isnt any permanent or one way to fix this prob. but any kind of help would be grateful

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: rrod fix??

Post by technoe »

Well your first problem is your power, you have to find out why the led on the power brick is flashing like that. Change outlets, change cables if you can, and try different power bricks all together if you have one available. If after all that you're still having issues. Start checking the board for burnt or missing components. During your RROD repair attempt did your hand slip at all? Did you scrape the board at ALL? These are all very important questions when it comes to the 360. One mishap could ruin your whole day TRUST ME I've done it.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

just tried another power brick still doing it and i tried my spare 360 with both power bricks and they both kick on fine...im stumped i dont think i damaged anything while taking it apart i know i def. didnt scratch the board i made sure of that .. i think maybe ill try that penny trick see what happens thats all i can think of to try

technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

That's about it. I really don't know what else to tell you.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

How long does it stay on before it powers down?

strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

couple seconds at the most

The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

where are you puting the fan when you try to over heat it because you have to make sure one fan is over the dvd drive and one is over the exposed heatsink. You are tring to avoid getting two lights to flash you have to get it to overheat with the normal rrod flashing 3 red lights

Return to “Junk”