question

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
dyear20
Peasant
Peasant

question

Post by dyear20 »

i didnt know where to post this ...i was wondering if anybody knew how to make your xbox 360 red ring of death on purpose im trying to get 3 lights but only getting 2 tried to overheat it lol didnt work wrapped it in a towel for bout 2 hours just 2 red lights showed up my 360 is messed up and its only under warrenty for 3 lights of the ring anybody know an easy way to get this well any way toget it hard or not i jus was 3 lights of rrod so i can send it in
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: question

Post by dalecheesy »

Typical when you're trying to break it it fights back. :D .One of the lads sent his back with 2 red lights and said it suffered random 3 rrod's and they replaced it. Most sites suggest the towel trick which you're doing so i'd maybe keep trying it. Sounds crazy but didn't the towel trick used to be used to fix the rrod temporarily???..lolz
dyear20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dyear20 »

i know tell me bout it when you want it to thats when it don't and yea i seen the towel trick say it fixes rrod i see it say both ways idk y
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Its supposed to heat the solder slightly but it would be a temporary fix at best. Might still be worth a shot sending it in and just say it suffers from sporadic rrod.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just keep overheating it, after it is overheated, pick it up and move it around. Movement will help in the warping of the hot mobo, so that will help you get rrod.

If you heat it numerous times, and move it around and still no RROD, I would just phone tech support and explain to them you get 3 rings, then you turn it off and try it at a later time and it works. Also, your drive doesnt read lots of games.

(Both are covered under warranty, and both are common problems.)
dyear20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dyear20 »

i finally got to send it in and they fixed it no problems

Return to “Junk”