Guide for getting on XBINS.

Anything and everything that has to do with the 360
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Ok guys this is going to sux if you dont have a good understanding of the IRC.

You will need 2 programs.
Both of them are add-on to firefox.
1. Chatzilla (a irc app)
There is A mirc program in the 360 download thread.It has a free trail,but i think it will still
work after the time runs out.It just pops up a window telling you you need to buy it.The guide for using this program will be the last thing.Chatzilla is easier to use,and it's free.

2. A FTP program.This will let your computer and the XBINS computer talk to each other.

I will be using the Chatzilla program, and the FTP program will be FireFTP.both are firefox add-on..You can get it by going to firefox home page and searching FireFTP,and Chatzilla.

After you get these programs install them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK
Let get Chatzilla running.

Go to your tools tad in firefox and click on "chatzilla"
It will open a window like this.
After its open you have to click on "EFNET" circled in red.

You can see that we are now on EFNET
Now you need to type this /join #xbins
There is a space after the /join
Now hit enter.

Now you can see that we are at xbins.
Type this.Yes that is a underscore after xbins /msg xbins_ !list
and hit enter.

Now you will see a red xbins tab pop up.It's circled in red again.You need to click it and read over this info.

You will need to scroll up to see the information at the top.
You will need the information that is there.Write it down.You will need to put it in the "FTP" program.(fireftp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now its time to open your FTP program.If you are using the one in firefox.Click the tools tab and you will
see FireFTP.Click it.It will open the ftp for you in a new window.You now need to fill in the information
that you wrote down.
To fill it in click the "manage accounts" circled in red.It will open this window.Under the "main" tad
fill in the information.Now click "OK"
Now click the "connect" that is circled in red.

As long as you did things right and they have not changed things again you should see this.
Most of you will know what you are looking at now.

If you try this and you don't get on.Try again it can take 3 or 4 times to get in.
Just take your time and make sure you type every thing right.

Please guys just get what you need.Think about it how many of you have payed anything for this service
that they are giving.What would you do if they just said to hell with it and pulled the plug.

I hope this helps out.

CoFree

=============================================================================================================
==========================================================================================================
=========================================================================================================
=========================================================================================================

Here is the MIRC guide

Ok guys this is going to sux if you dont have a good understanding of the IRC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you should have both programs installed on your computer.

First open the Mirc program
2 Clicks on the connect that i have marked in red.
Now fill in the information.
Of course use your own information.

Now 2 clicks on the servers i marked in red.
Find the "EFNET" folder.Now 2 clicks on the efnet folder

Now you will pick a server.I use the top one "random server" You now 2 click on the server.

Then hit the connect.marked in red.

Give it a few sec it will bring you to this screen.
If you dont get to this screen after a min or two.Start over.
Once this pops up you will need to type in this. #xbins its once again marked in red.
after you have that typed hit the join button.

At this point is where things have gone bad.If you look at the letters i have circled.This is what it USED
to be.YOU DO NOT TYPE THIS.IT WILL NOT WORK NOW.

Once you get to this screen.Down at the bottom you will type this /msg xbins_ !list
Then hit enter.
After a few sec or so if you look up top you will see a small red xbins.it just popped up for you.You will
click the small red xbins and a new window will pop up.You can see the red xbins in the next picture.Circled
in red.

you most read this information in the red circle.You need it.If you need to, write it down.
It would not hurt to read over most of this information.I believe the reason they made this change
is because people were hitting the download limit.You will get banned for hitting the download limit.
When you are in xbins get just what you need .What that means is if you don't need it don't download it.
The ban used to last for 24 hours.I would think if people don't get there head out of there butt they will make
it a longer ban.

"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Guide for getting on XBINS.

Post by Jman 31 »

There is an alternate way that I found to get on xbins.

1. open the chat room on robinhood's playground.
2. type in your user name and press "connect"
3. In the dialog line enter: /join #xbins and hit enter
4. now in the dialog box type: !list and hit enter
5. Now procede to the FTP portion of cofree's tutorial above. Make sure the user name that you type in the FTP program is the same as the user name in the chatroom.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND

Return to “Junk”