Mario Kart Wii

Questions about backing up your games
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Mario Kart Wii

Post by BobSeager »

The PAL version is here...(and confirmed)...single layer disc. I am going to try it tonight,

Anybody else? Ideas? Concerns?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Mario Kart Wii

Post by sadalius »

If your running this on an NTSC wii you need to patch your backup image with Waninkoko's WiiUR prior to burning it so it will block the PAL update from installing on your wii and giving you duplicate channels and partial bricking affect. Other than that, the MK channel doesn't work on NTSC Wii's with this version. It installs, but tells you that it doesn't work or something to that nature. The MK channel can be deleted too. So if your just wanting to play the game, it works great. If your wanting the channel feature, you'll have to wait for the NTSC version.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Awesome thanks for the heads up I will use that program when I get home!

I don't even know what the MK channel is, so I will most likely not be needing it ;)

I just want to bust out Dry Bones...it should still work over a network connection tho, right? (Just in case)

I'm unfamiliar with the patching of iso's...Do I just need to use the IOS Version Patcher v1.1 as listed below or do I need to use some of the other apps on the list also? (Thanks in advance as always)

#Wii#
Wii Duplicated Channel Remover v2
Wii NAND Dumper v1
#Pc#
IOS Version Patcher v1.1
WiiFrii v2.3b
Wii Update Remover v1.0
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I haven't tried it over Nintendo Wifi yet, so I dunno about the network part. The program you want to patch it with is the WII UR or the Wii Update Remover. It will remove the update from the image before you burn it so after you burn it and insert the game, it should not even think about updating.

To use the WiiUR program, extract it into a folder and put the image of the game into that same folder. Then open a command prompt and use the CD command to go into that folder from the command prompt. Then just type "wiiur <name.iso>" without the quotes or the <> signs and hit enter. Wiiur will do its thing and it doesn't take long at all to do. Then you just burn it and away you go.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Wow...shouldn't this always be used then? It must be that the disc update has no bearing on compatibility if you can simply disable it...and still play
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Right. The update that is on this game has no bearing on compatibility. Or at least it doesn't seem so.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

So the Wiikey update and config disc were supposed to prevent the game from updating...didn't work...partial brick...no big deal. Mario Kart is totally worth it. I hear people have had success unbricking by updating from NTSC discs with higher update patches than the PAL ones that are installed which cause the problems. Anyone hear about this?

Bottom line is the game/system work fine, so I'm not fretting. But, I'll keep my eye out in the future for an update ;)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I haven't had the chance to check out the wiikey's update blocking abilities as of yet. Seems you have to have dev mode on and the update blocking on for it to work though. I'm not to keen on leaving the thing in dev mode. I dunno why, I just have a weird feeling about it.

At any rate, if you use the wiiur or the latest wiiscrubber on the pal version, you'll be fine. In fact, the latest wiiscrubber version fixes the MK channel to where it actually works.
Sadalius

jennifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jennifer »

Hey friend do you have any website from where i can download all mario games for free?
dont spam the board with anything
You will be banned
you can change your sig now.
CoFree
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

jennifer wrote:Hey friend do you have any website from where i can download all mario games for free?
We dont support illigal download's, which means we do not post links to the downloads. They are out there, and easy to find...

Have a read over the rules: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... p?f=13&t=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Game Backups”