smash bros & wiikey

Questions about backing up your games
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

smash bros & wiikey

Post by BobSeager »

I'm hearing mixed results.

Seems like theres a 1.9 update from wiikey team that enables ssbb to run on wiikey? I already did 1.9 to get galaxy working, are there two versions of the 1.9 wiikey update?

THX
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: smash bros & wiikey

Post by sadalius »

Nope, its one and the same update. Here is the skinny on the SSBB game. The original disk won't run with wiikey, but backed up version will. Something to do with how the wiikey supports dual layer and wiikey team is working on a new update but hasn't released it yet.

If you've updated to 1.9g already, you should have no problems playing SSBB from a backup. Just if your system is NTSC, you'll have to either partial brick, use the brick blocked single layer disk to dual layer disk hotswap, or do the 15% update and pull the power trick, or just wait till the NTSC version comes out to avoid partial bricking all together.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

WOW. Thank god you told me that.

I've updated (J) region games before and never had issues...I take it this is something new???

Hell with that I'll wait till (USA) is released :?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It was the same when mario galaxy first came out. The pal version was out first and all of us USA folks were wanting to play it so badly. They knew that it would partially brick because it would install a PAL update on an NTSC system. The only thing that it does is duplicate a couple of channels and prevents you from going into the system settings. Most generally, a new update fixes that problem, but it didn't this time around when nintendo released the 3.2 update. I'm going to wait on the NTSC version as well.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks so much for the heads-up. That's disturbing that you wouldn't be able to enter system settings... :?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Thats why I'm waiting for the NTSC version. Some people want to play it though, so they are willing to go through with it.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Sadalius did you try this yet? I see a .dvd is available ala xbox 360. Do you need this file for the game? I'm hoping the layer break is embedded.

Thanks all!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I haven't tried as of yet. I've not been able to get a copy of it. Seems everyone around where I live buys it out before I can get one :x Anyway, I've heard that it takes a long while to rip a copy of the game so I've not been in any real hurry.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

It works flawlessly...although I don't really know if I like the game all that much :?

We played it Saturday night for about 15 minutes before getting bored and going with Umbrella Chronicles...
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Finally got a copy of SSBB last night at my local walmart. Man did that take a while to backup. But it works like a charm though.
Sadalius

Return to “Game Backups”