How To:Make a backup of a Wii game

Questions about backing up your games
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

How To:Make a backup of a Wii game

Post by sadalius »

A couple of things that you will need to complete this task.
First, you need a specific drive to be able to read the disks. Any from this list will work fine:
* LG-8164b
* LG-8163b
* LG-8162b
* LG-8161b
Second, you'll need the Rawdump program that can be found in the thread the cofree posted, should be a sticky at the top of this section.

You'll also need a dvd burner, some blank media (don't skimp or your media, buy the good stuff!) and then of course your modded Wii.

First, after you get your LG drive (I use the LG-8164b) and install it, put your original into the drive and wait till the light quits blinking. Then start Rawdump. Make sure that the LG drive is in the select drive box and give it a few seconds. If it recognizes the disk, the name of the game will show up beside where it says DVD Name. Then you can click the Start Dump button. You'll have to give it a name and choose where to save it at. Once you do that, it will begin to rip the game. This will take some time, so go do some chores, play some games or whatever to pass the time because it will take at least a couple of hours.

Once the rip is complete, you'll have an iso. Use imgburn to burn the iso to a dvd at a slow speed. When it finishes the burn, take it to your modded Wii and try out your handy work.

A couple of things of interest here is that if your like me, your computer is 100% sata, no IDE connections what so ever. The LG drives are IDE drive, but rawdump supports USB, so you can put the drive into an external USB enclosure and it should work. Although I've heard reports of some cheaply made external enclosures that wouldn't work. Just read the reviews for the product that your looking at and you should be able to tell from that if it will work for your project.

Thats all for now, go and have some fun now will ya?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How To:Make a backup of a Wii game

Post by CoFree »

thanks for the guide man
post up any thing you like.

sadalius :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Game Backups”