Some info please

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
cubik
Squire
Squire

Some info please

Post by cubik »

Right i decided to dig out my PSP -1001 it has Firmware 1.50 from v1.51or 1.52 cannot remember I was using Dev hook to load my iso`s now here is where the fun starts.

toca 2 was on the memstick to i thought i would play it. Select iso and the screen turns black and nothing at all happens untill about 15-25 seconds it turns off thats it. So i reset my Psp still no joy, Tried to run an Snes emulator and now i get an error code : 80020001
Not sure what to do next.

PS it used to work fine about 1 year ago :(
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Some info please

Post by sadalius »

Sounds like it needs to be updated or maybe the memory card is corrupt. I would update it to the latest CFW if you can. If you can't, where you from, I might be able to help you with that part.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

well formatted the card via psp and in Vista does not report anything wrong with it. and i live in the uk :P
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

no its not your memory card its the devhook, you need to have a umd in the psp in order to run the iso from devhook, without a umd inserted it wont work. best option is to update the psp with a custom firmware, go to recovery and choose no umd option and it should be sorted out.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

Sorry forgot to say in my first post i have an UMD in the psp, I have read most of the forum and just not sure what to do now IE what to upgrade to , just dont want to do any thing nasty to my beloved psp !!
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

ok in that case, i c u already formatted the stick, just find the devhook again if you want to use it on 1.5 firmware. make sure you look for devhook which runs on 1.50 but i am pretty sure there used to be some kind of firmware change in the emulater screen to run 2.xx games and stuff. about snes ssame thing. look for snes9x whcih runs on 1.5 firmware.
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I would just make a pandora set and update it to the latest CFW. You won't need a UMD in the drive after that and you won't have to use devhook. With you being in the UK, I don't think that you'd want to send your PSP to me to update it for you. Maybe one of the guys from the UK that knows PSP stuff could help you out if you can't get it going.
Sadalius

cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

Ok some Dev hooks i have tried so far UMD_Emulator_V0.8C.zip , PSPX.LOADER.v1.0.BETA-FPL.rar , Fastloader v0.7.rar
all with the same result.
16943_s9xTYLslimmecm_test5_0527.zip is the Snes Emu i loaded

Now i think back i did something when v2.0 came out you could change it and change it back to 1.50 some 100 sure what i did tho , but if i go into my System information System software is Version 1.50. *Shrug*
cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

ok i have read a very little on this aka about 5 mins worth . do i need to get anything special to run this or. ?
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

man all that is pretty old now and i dont think many of us have looked into it anymore. if its displaying 1.5 and is working fine then i guess the firmware is fine. read up on how to update it with custom firmware, if you still unsure you can ask again

cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

ok thanks once again for the Fast responces and info :)
cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

What is the latest FW that i can use for my phat PsP if i was to use Pandora`s set up ?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The latest CFW is 4.01 m33-2. Pandora won't give you the latest, but it will have you to where you can connect to wifi and run the update utility from the XMB and update it to the latest m33 CFW. They've changed a bunch of stuff since 1.50 man. You may even feel a little overwhelmed by it. Or you could take right to it. But its worth the upgrade thats for sure.
Sadalius

cubik
Squire
Squire

Post by cubik »

Yup my head is in bits right now :P Thus i go back to Skool !
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

I've done my psp with a pandora's set... PM me, I'm sure we can sort something out
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!

Return to “Beginners”