Need Help? Ask Here!

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
karothacker
Peasant
Peasant

Need Help? Ask Here!

Post by karothacker »

If anybody needs help on any PSP related problem leave a message here and I will do my best to help you here.

If anyone wants to help out with this thread please do so.

If I don't answer quick enough go Here
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Need Help? Ask Here!

Post by sadalius »

While I'm thinking of it karothacker, I've a friend who is on an earlier cfw running on a phat. He wants to upgrade to the latest version cfw, but he says that he is using a custom theme that he manually installed into the flash, but has lost the backup of his flash to restore it back to original. He asked me if he could use pandora to upgrade and I didn't know if that would mess anything up since all the readme's say not to use a custom theme so I thought I'd ask and see what he could or could not do.

Thanks man!

PS: Moved to the correct forum :D
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
karothacker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by karothacker »

sadalius wrote:While I'm thinking of it karothacker, I've a friend who is on an earlier cfw running on a phat. He wants to upgrade to the latest version cfw, but he says that he is using a custom theme that he manually installed into the flash, but has lost the backup of his flash to restore it back to original. He asked me if he could use pandora to upgrade and I didn't know if that would mess anything up since all the readme's say not to use a custom theme so I thought I'd ask and see what he could or could not do.

Thanks man!

PS: Moved to the correct forum :D
You can not Install/Create a Magic Memory Stick when you have a Custom theme due to it having a possibility of corrupting the flash, IPL, or IdStorage. He can upgrade via Pandora or Update.

The easiest way would be a Application made by Hellcat called Recovery Flasher....for more information go Here
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Sorry, I should have said, I have a pandora set that I can use thats already created. Would that do the trick?
Sadalius

karothacker
Peasant
Peasant

Post by karothacker »

sadalius wrote:Sorry, I should have said, I have a pandora set that I can use thats already created. Would that do the trick?
Yes it will work on any PSP (except the new Slim MB TA-088v3)....just make sure his WLan is turned off (It can corrupt the IdStorage even though it's never happened to me)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Cool, thanks man!!
Sadalius

Return to “Beginners”