Only thing you need for PSP's

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Only thing you need for PSP's

Post by sadalius »

If you want to mod your PSP, regardless of OEM version of firmware, whether it's a Phattie or a Slim & Lite, one thing comes to my mind.

Pandora's Battery.

Only one hitch with making a Pandora's Battery set, you need access to a PSP thats already modded. The hardware that you need is one memory stick (pro duo) of at least 256 MB of space and a spare battery. I bought my battery from ebay, it was one of those 2200 Mah from Sony. I got my memory card from Walmart, but if you want to save some bucks, get it from Newegg or TigerDirect or somewhere in your area. Find yourself a good guide, I followed one from Maxconsole. It basically makes the battery a service mode battery so you can boot from the memory stick. The memory stick has all the boot files and such to do what you want with your PSP. Pandora can be setup a few different ways and there are some extensions to Pandora as well. You could set it up to where it downgrades to OEM 1.50, then you could just upgrade to whatever customer FW you wanted. Or you could set it up to where it installs 3.71 M33-3 and just bypass all that other stuff. Of course you can restore the battery back to a normal battery if the need ever came up, but you have to get a dump of the batteries eemprom, but thats easy enough when you go through the process of making the service battery. You can even recover bricked PSP's!!

So, if your thinking of modding your PSP, look into creating a "magic" memory stick and a "jigkick" battery Pandora set. It'll make your life a little easier!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Only thing you need for PSP's

Post by CoFree »

I have a psp
My question is what can you do with it after you mod it.
is it just for emulators are what.
I put movies on a card from my daughter,now so see can watch then in the car and doctors office. :?:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You can get something like a 4 GB memory stick and load it up with homebrew, emulators and of course, play backups. The backups are basically ISO's of the originals.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sadalius wrote:You can get something like a 4 GB memory stick and load it up with homebrew, emulators and of course, play backups. The backups are basically ISO's of the originals.
Cool now i'm getting some where.
so there is a way to backup a UMD disc.This i have to learn. :twisted:
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yes. The ability is built into the custom firmware, I can't remember which version it started in, but it's in the latest version. Basically you can choose to either dump it to the memory card or over USB to your computer.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

sweet
how about a link to a good site so i can do some reading.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I started learning about the PSP over at maxconsole. It may not be my most favorite place in the world, but it has some good info.
Sadalius

Freebeer187
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Freebeer187 »

Ahem! I could really help u guys out with the psp....
cofree is the best!
Xbox360 Arcade W/ Benq = pwnd.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea man .
like i said post up what ever you want.
We will see what we can get going for the psp.
I don't know jack about the psp but i'm about to start learning.
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

One thing I've learned about the PSP scene, is that it's like a dang soap opera. There are some really talented people involved with the scene, but if you get involved with PSP's, you'll see what I'm talking about. It gets old really quick dealing with it, so much so that I just go find what I need and thats it. I don't spend a whole lot of time reading PSP forums like I do for other stuff. But, I don't think there is anything else like a modded PSP. Well, there are a few things better, but not much!!
Sadalius

Return to “Beginners”