N0ob Question

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
riptup
Peasant
Peasant

N0ob Question

Post by riptup »

Hi,

I have a phat with CFW 5.00 M33-3 installed - I bought it pre-modded.

A friend has given me his unmodded phat, which has OFW 3.52 onboard and has a 2GB MS in it, and asked me if I can mod it so it's like mine.

My question is:

Can I do this without buying anything else? I don't want to buy a battery tool if at all possible, nor do I want to Pandorize his battery if it can't be used to power the PSP afterwards.

Thanks for any help :)
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: N0ob Question

Post by lilrevuk »

No, I'm pretty sure at 3.52, the only way is with a Pandora's set.... Preparing the stick couldn't be easier, just get hold of Klutshs' PSP Grader (and 4.01 OFW)

In regards to the battery, you can only use a magic (pandora) battery, if you have a magic stick in the PSP... This isn't that practical, but you can pick third party PSP batteries up for next to nothing on fleabay :P
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
riptup
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riptup »

Right, thanks for that :)

I've ordered a battery from eBay, hopefully I'll be able to turn it into a pandora rather than wrecking the OEM Sony battery :)
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

I personally do it the other way round (turn the OEM into a pandora), but that's just me... :p

when it comes to lifting the pin, I use a pair of really small cutters, like what's used for cuticles.... Make sure you just cut the one pin though, there's no going back once you snip :D
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Well, you can go back if you can see and can solder, but it's pretty small work though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Beginners”