Interested in a PSP

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Interested in a PSP

Post by cyantific »

I browsed through some of the previous threads but they're a little dated. I want to pick up a PSP ASAP but I also want to be able to mod it. People have saying to get a 1000 but I know that most stores only stock the 2k and the 3k. So, I am looking at the 2k but don't really know much about PSPs. Could anyone point me in the right direction or perhaps do some 1 on 1 conversation in the IRC chatroom? :)
RHPG, home away from home :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Interested in a PSP

Post by CoFree »

sadalius is the psp guy
but
i dont think you can even mod a 3000
i think most of the 2000 you can
you may drop sadalius a "pm"
or jost ask him to have a look at this post ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

OK! So, I picked up a PSP 1001 with FW 5.03 for $30. It's in pretty good shape with a few minor scratches -- no big deal. I've talked with Backslash, read sadalius' posts, been to maxconsole, and even psp-hacks. There is such a plethora of guides instructing the user to use multiple programs while having to decide between hard and softmodding the battery --- it's a bit overwhelming/confusing. I only have one battery, no access to another modded PSP, and I leave on Thursday so I can't be ordering anything. I have to use what I have to achieve what I want which is to run homebrew so I don't commit suicide on a 16 hour car ride lol. I am thinking that the most logical way of doing this is to hardmod my current SONY battery and then returning it to regular battery mode once I'm done modding. Does everyone agree or am I off here? Or, should I just check if Gamestop has an extra battery and hardmod that one? I know that ONCE I do have a pandora battery I can use that and run PSPgraderv008 on my 2gb sandisk memory stick to get things rolling, correct?

edit

What about this method? It seems to be recommended over there at psp-hacks but others still say just do pandora? I really just want to run homebrew + emulators on the PSP.
RHPG, home away from home :)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I've never tried that method myself. I've only been the pandora route.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by parminder »

ive done it throught the hard mod, you just remove a pin in the battery, guide shud be lurking around here somewhere, i think theres 1 from sad, once you do that make a magic stick using new software or something and you dont need to replace the battery but make sure you have the magicx stick in which will keep your psp working as soon as you take the card out it wont work. sorry man my infos vague but there is a guide somewhere. let me see if i can find it for you
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

f you want to convert your battery back for normal use afterwards, I would recommend cutting the trace instead of lifting the pin... it's far easier to sketch the trace back in with a pencil to get the battery working normal again...

Here is Sadalius tut for hardmodding the battery.

I haven't used the ChickHen method either, but it's worth a try. Just make sure you have the right motherboard before you start...
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!

Return to “Beginners”