PSP SLIM With 3.60 OFW

The place for beginners to ask there questions.
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

PSP SLIM With 3.60 OFW

Post by pluto_00 »

Hi

Someone I know has a Psp slim with 3.60 FW

Anyone know a good tutorial to get this up and running with 3.80 M33-5 ?

Should i downgrade this first or can i just Upgrade ?

Found downgraders untill 3.50 FW but nothing for 3.60 Fw
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: PSP SLIM With 3.60 OFW

Post by sadalius »

There is no downgrader for 3.60 OFW. You have to use a pandora set to get the slim and lites modded.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

okey i found that out too

But whats about all that pandora battery stuff and the magic mem stick or something ...

For as far i readed you can make the battery yourself with a Fat psp. So what exactually happens then to the battery ?

Do i plug the battery from my fat psp in the slim then to get the CFW on it ?
And will I be able to use the pandora battery again on my Fat psp ?
Or will the slim always need the pandora battery ?

Did not find any 100% answers to that.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The battery has a small circuit board inside it that regulates the voltage and stuff, that way when it's fully charged, it tells the PSP or the charger that its full and thus doesn't charge any more. In order to be able to do that, it has a small flash chip on the circuit board that has some programming on it. That programming has information as to what type of battery it is. When you make a jigkick battery, your actually writing information to that flash chip to change the identity of the battery. It gets changed from a normal battery ID to a service mode ID. Basically what this does is tells the PSP to boot from the memory stick instead of its own onboard flash memory. Now when you do that, and you have a magic memory stick in the mem stick slot, you get the universal unbricker menu. From that menu you can backup your nand flash, restore a nand flash (if you ever do this, make sure its the nand from the same PSP, using other nands will brick the PSP) install CFW, etc. If you used a fat battery and used software to make the battery a service mode battery (jigkick), this battery will work in either a fat or a slim PSP and can be converted back to a normal battery as long as you made a backup of the batteries eeprom. If you hard modded it, then you can convert back by reversing the hard mod. Now, if you use a slim battery to make a service mode battery, these have to be hard modded, they can't be done by software and they will only work in the slim, they won't work in a fat. They can be converted back to normal by reversing the hard mod. Once your psp is modded this way, the battery can be converted back or you could purchase a spare battery and save the jigkick battery in case something happens that you get bricked or if you wanted to fix someone elses psp. It doesn't require the jigkick to run the PSP. In fact, if you were to just put the jigkick battery in, it would boot to just a black screen, so for normal operation, you would need a normal battery.

Now its not just the battery that mods up your PSP lite, you also have to have the magic memory stick. I find the easiest way to do this is with an already modded fat psp. If read guides that claim you don't have to have a modded psp to make a magic memory stick, but I've never been able to achieve success in doing so. Could be that I'm just missing something in the instructions or something, but I can take my modded fat PSP, a memory stick and a fat battery and create a kit in under a couple of minutes if you don't count the time it takes for my computer to boot :D so I haven't put much effort into figure that part out.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

Nice reply !! This explains allot :-)

I have a modded Fat PSP with cfw 3.80 m33-5
So i can make the macig mem stick on this one and also make the jigkick battery ...

Then i plug battery and magic mem stick in a slim psp and should be able to mod it.

Are there any tips you got of things i REALLY can't forget to do ?

Like backing up something? Or so ?

If i'm done modding the slim I would want to turn my battery in normal state on my Fat psp.

So any good hint and tricks are verry welcome.
I sorted some things out already and found the needed files an guides but things you would really recommend are always welcome aswell.

Thnx :!:
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Spikerosoft/MrDude's Universal Unbricker/Easy Installer

Do a google search for that and that should help you create your magic memory stick. You might have to look at a couple different sites before you find one that actually has the download links, but they're there.

One thing to keep in mind that on a Slim, once you install the CFW, it will ask you to press X to restart the PSP. Go ahead and do so, and when it gets to back to the menu, it'll want to you configure your settings like when you first bought the PSP. Turn it off, hold the right trigger button and and turn it back on to get it into recovery mode, go to advanced and press x on format flash1 and reset settings. While this is working, do not turn off the PSP, just let it do its thing, it will either turn itself off or reboot itself all on its own, but this is a necessary step. Make sure that when you boot your PSP slim with the pandora set for the first time that you get a nand dump, this can be a life saver.

The three most important things to remember to do is:
1. Backup battery eeprom prior to converting to jigkick so you can convert it back if you ever want to.
2. Go to dark-alex.org and get the universal unbricker 4 files and follow the read me to update your magic memory stick, do this after the magic memory stick has been created and tested to make sure that it will boot. This step will cause your magic memory stick to install 3.80 M33-5 instead of 3.60 or 3.71, whichever it was.
3. Do a NAND dump before installing the CFW from the Pandora menu.
4. Go into recovery mode prior to configuring personal settings on the PSP after installing the CFW and format flash1 and reset settings.

That should be it.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

i have found an easy pandora creator when zipped about 82 Mb

That nand dump is this a process apart form the other things or can i select this dump in like te recovery menu ?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The nand dump selection is available to you through the pandora menu when you first boot with the jigkick battery and memory stick. Something worth noting here is that each nand dump is unique so if you want to do a nand dump of your fat and your slim psp, you'll need to stop right after making the first dump and then make a usb connection to your PC and move it off and rename it ro something to where you can remember what it is, then do the dump of the other. It's just important to realize you need to be able to tell them apart because if you even restored the nand dump of one onto the other, it would brick it for sure.

Something else worth mentioning is that the easy flashers work best on windows XP. You can get some of them to work on Vista with some tinkering, and some won't work at all on Vista. But XP is your best bet.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

I Updated my fat psp yesterday to CFW 3.90

Today i'm trying to make a magic mem stick and a pandora battery
The mem stick goes fine but when i'm willing to launch the pandora creator i get an error or something.

It says : The game could not be started. (8002014C)

Is it because the program don't run under cfw 3.90 ?

In the M33 VSH menu i tryed on changing the USB device from mem stick to flash 1 ==> no result
UMD iso mode from normal to M33 driver ==> no result ...

So am i forgetting something ?

Or do i have to go back to firmware 3.71 ? If that is possible ?

Despertar del Cementerio. is also on the mem stick if i try to launch this it says only running under 3.71
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Make sure that you have the battery converter in the right folder. Should be in /psp/GAME/ I think. There is also an open source battery converter that I use instead of the original one called OS Pandora Battery Tool 0.2 it works on 3.90 CFW. You might try that instead. Also make sure that your trying to convert a phat battery and not a slim battery. Once you get your magic memory stick, go get the latest unbricker from http://www.dark-alex.org despertar del cementerio version 4. This will install 3.80 m33-5 once you get your battery squared away. Then all you would have to do is update to 3.90 m33 if you want to.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

OK THNX !

I found the OS pandara creator V 2 but that didn't work, but i did found an Version 5 this one did work !

I backed up the eeprom and then converted to pandora then maked the magic stick through the spikersoft thingy from earlier putted it in to a slim an started the proces and everthing went fine When done i did the second one all without a problem!

Then converted my battery back to normal.

SO thnx allot !!! All this info has been a great help!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Strange that OS Pandora Battery Tool 0.2 didn't work for you, but it does for me. I dunno what the difference would be. The PSP I tested on was a slim, running 3.90 M33. But at any rate, glad you got it going. Something that might be of interest, DAX (Dark Alex) creator of alot of CFW's, is almost ready to release something called the Time Machine. With it your supposed to be able to install the 1.50 kernel on slims.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

sadalius wrote:Make sure that you have the battery converter in the right folder. Should be in /psp/GAME/ I think. There is also an open source battery converter that I use instead of the original one called OS Pandora Battery Tool 0.2 it works on 3.90 CFW. You might try that instead. Also make sure that your trying to convert a phat battery and not a slim battery. Once you get your magic memory stick, go get the latest unbricker from http://www.dark-alex.org despertar del cementerio version 4. This will install 3.80 m33-5 once you get your battery squared away. Then all you would have to do is update to 3.90 m33 if you want to.
OS Pandora Battery Tool 0.2
I found the version 5 and used that one ... that one did work to create the pandora battery.
Everything when well after that

2 slim's done in about 15 minutes
then converted my battery back to normal mode and my Fat psp worked again 2.

Thanks for the great help !

Return to “Beginners”