LT Video Tuts

Let us know what you think would help the site be the best modding site on the net.
leafeator
Peasant
Peasant

LT Video Tuts

Post by leafeator »

I, being a big newb, think that video tutorials on the new LT installation would be a big help!

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: LT Video Tuts

Post by sadalius »

With the exception of lite-ons 8xxx v2's and the 9xxx's, its the same procedure with jungle flasher. The 8xxx v2's and the 9xxx's are exactly the same with their procedure and as soon as I get the next chance, I will be doing a vid tut on them. I just don't know when that will be though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

guys
the vids on the 8xxx v2 and the 9xxx dvd drive
need to be dont right.
we , most of us have not done enough to be messing around with a vid at the same time
i know sadalius has done some (not many)
i on the other hand have not even seen one.

we have never jumped the gun on doing any thing
and when we do release vid we want them to be as good as we can make them

flashing these drive will be done different because off the need to cut at least one trace (or more)
there are all some new things coming out to help in the flashing
we need the dust to settle and we will have a look into the 1 or 2 way we want to make vids on.

they will come
but like wine not be for there time :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

There is at least two traces you have to cut on the 8's and 9's. Depending on which way your comfortable with. The way that I am comfortable with requires you to cut three traces. On top of that, soldering in a switch to manipulate the voltage going to the flash chip to trick the controller into giving up the firmware and then to think the flash chip is empty to be able to program the new firmware to it. It is a little bit of work.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

guys ive never minded putting a little money into my hobbie
so
i may go with this
ck3 Xecuter LT Switch
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php ... 284&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and this
the CK3 Probe v2.
http://www.modchip.ca/store/product.php ... 284&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ill get sadalius and others input on that
and see what we all come up with.
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I've also yet to see a 9 series. All the 8 series ive seen have been v1.
Gony
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by Gony »

Hey, Do you need the LT switch to use the Ck3 probe v2=?
Flashed Hitachi: 40 +, sammy 50+ BenQ around 80 + and LiteOn 100+
This is thnx to RHPG!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

at this point im not sure
it not out yet
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm not sure if you will need the LT switch to use the v2 probe. I don't think you will. If my thinking is right, the LT switch is built into the v2 probe. You don't actually need either a probe or a LT switch to get the job done, but will probably be a whole lot easier that way.
Sadalius

Gony
Merry Men
Merry Men

Post by Gony »

Very good. I just installed the Switch on a old 74850c drive. I know that i dont need to install it but wanted to test it.
it worked great but a lot of solder and yeah.

Anyway this is a better solution.
Flashed Hitachi: 40 +, sammy 50+ BenQ around 80 + and LiteOn 100+
This is thnx to RHPG!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I should rephrase what I said. If your using the MRA method of dumping a lite-on, you don't need a probe or an LT switch. If your doing the original method on a 7x or 8x v1, all thats needed is the normal connectivity kit and probe. The MRA method, as far as I know will work on all lite-ons.

Sweet knowing that the LT switch works pretty good though.
Sadalius

paddypitbug
Bandit
Bandit

Post by paddypitbug »

realy looking forward to seeing your vids of the 838 v2 and the 9 series of the liteon's - I see you have high regard for the executer ck3 kit ... as do I - have you seen the maximus vampire an what do you reckon to that ? - to my next point in your view do you think there will be a time when there will be no need to cut the traces and just run through the whole process with the ck3 and software alone for these drives ???????????????????? - keep up the great work fella's - you're stars in your own right - all the best to ya
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

paddypitbug wrote:realy looking forward to seeing your vids of the 838 v2 and the 9 series of the liteon's - I see you have high regard for the executer ck3 kit ... as do I - have you seen the maximus vampire an what do you reckon to that ? - to my next point in your view do you think there will be a time when there will be no need to cut the traces and just run through the whole process with the ck3 and software alone for these drives ???????????????????? - keep up the great work fella's - you're stars in your own right - all the best to ya
I doubt there will come a time when we dont need to cut the traces on the drive, maybe someone will figure out a new way to trick it into dumping the key but its doubtful.

If you look at the 7 series we need to probe it, the 9 series (and 8) we will need to probe it as well (or use a switch of some sort).

The vampire is the same as the lt switch, just a different brand, ive never used it, but it should work just fine.
psjdfh
Peasant
Peasant

Post by psjdfh »

There is at least two traces you have to cut on the 8's and 9's. Depending on which way your comfortable with. The way that I am comfortable with requires you to cut three traces. On top of that, soldering in a switch to manipulate the voltage going to the flash chip to trick the controller into giving up the firmware and then to think the flash chip is empty to be able to program the new firmware to it. It is a little bit of work.
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

psjdfh wrote:There is at least two traces you have to cut on the 8's and 9's. Depending on which way your comfortable with. The way that I am comfortable with requires you to cut three traces. On top of that, soldering in a switch to manipulate the voltage going to the flash chip to trick the controller into giving up the firmware and then to think the flash chip is empty to be able to program the new firmware to it. It is a little bit of work.
In all fairness this is 1 way to do it , but this is outdated and no longer the way to go. The probe 3 will dump the drive just fine . No need to cut traces and do any soldering. We even have a tut on how to make your own probe in the tutorial section if you don't want to spend the 15 buck on one. Also if you are running any dashdoard 13599 to current , the 7 series liteon also needs to be dumped via probe 3 if you dont have your dummy already.

Return to “Whats needed”