2.0.1 update

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

2.0.1 update

Post by sadalius »

I've heard that 2.0.1 is very stable and I'm in the process of building a custom IPSW with it. Has anyone else updated to this version yet? If so, give us a report on your experiences with it. Is it worth having to re-sync everything again?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: 2.0.1 update

Post by sadalius »

ok, I've pwned my ipod touch again, this time with 2.0.1. I've not noticed any difference in applications and such, although since I've pwed it, I do have the latest installer.app and the latest cydia. Now I can't wait to get home so I can try them out on the wifi and get everything else set back up.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

hmmm
let me know what you think
i will do the update to.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

CoFree, if you decide to, the procedure is exactly the same, except when it asks you if the device has been pwned before, you just choose yes. So far so good. I thought I was going to have to restore it at first because I was trying to drag and drop some music onto it just to make sure everything was working ok, but it wouldn't let me. Took me a good 10 minutes to figure out that I hadn't checked the manually manage music option, LOL!!
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

hahaha

i did that same crap last night :lol: :lol:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

ok, here is what I've noticed as far as differences between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1. When typing something, 2.0.1 is quicker. Keyboard lag has been reduced for me. I've also noticed that when switching from standard view of albums to coverflow, its alot smoother. Same for viewing websites in Safari, if I turn the ipod on its side to view the page, the rotation is a much smoother transition than it was before. Now the neatest thing that I've noticed is that everytime I sync something, it gets quicker. Contacts app also seems less laggy as well. Thats what I've noticed so far.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I wonder if app stability has been improved...suddenly im getting random crashes :? during my scrabble games
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I don't know. Where I'm at, I have no WiFi so I can't download anything at the moment. From what I understand, it has been, but I can't confirm it.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Upgraded the phone to 2.0.1 using winpwn 2.0.4 with no problems.

-Seems to have increased application stability.
-Wifi and phone signal strength are increased. Had previously decreased when updated to 2.0
-Keyboard appears about the same
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Overall, I think its a worthwhile update if your seeing symptoms like the ones Bobseager and I were talking about.

@bobseager, Your keyboard doesn't react any quicker? Mine sure does. On 2.0 I had to wait around a full second before I could hit the next key, but with 2.0.1, it seem almost instantaneous.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Well, I remember everything being stronger (signal-strength) and quicker are more reliable on < 2.xx. When I upgraded to 2.xx I was saddened by the very obvious loss of wifi recognition and my cellular would commonly read 'No Service.' These seem to have been fixed and that's what I've paid the most attention to.

Maybe the keyboard is quicker. I probably didn't notice because with the loss of wifi I wasn't typing as much. I remember the keyboard being pretty accurate on 1.1.4 and since I was only on 2.0 for a little while, I didn't get as much exposure to it. On the positive side, the keyboard is responsive with the 2.0.1 update so I too would say it's been a pleasant experience and well worth the upgrade.

*hey sadalius, that pineapple is your new ipod boot icon isn't it ;)

Return to “General Discussion”