Winpwn 2.0.5 Imminent

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Winpwn 2.0.5 Imminent

Post by BobSeager »

Authors stated they finally fixed the bug which has prolonged the release of Winpwn 2.0.5. Big news is the 2.0.2 support to allow upgrading to 2.0.2 and usage of the usual suspects: unlocking (iPhone first gen only) and jailbreaking. Word is the 2.0.2 update is...underwhelming. However I've noticed some oddities with my phone lately (sudden disappearance of all audio and it wasn't related to any settings changes) so I plan to use it, tonight if they post it. Anyway, here's to hoping it fixes some of the twitchy application crashes that 2.0.1 didn't fix.

Also...my phone reception still sucks nads in comparison to prior 2.0 firmware. Apple says that's been addressed with 2.0.2... :?

I did a restore through itunes to update to 2.0.2. Ran winpwn 2.0.5 and it worked flawlessly. I can't see what )if anything) it's done. I guess time will tell if it fixed anything. It's got some nice new features such as a guide for entering DFU mode incorporated into the program.

Return to “General Discussion”