iPrep stuck at 51/D1

Post Iprep 101 things here.
Zero007
Peasant
Peasant

iPrep stuck at 51/D1

Post by Zero007 »

I recently installed a blaster360ne in my xbox, have a BenQ drive, an Asus p5e-vm hdmi mobo (ich9 sata w/via vt6308 chip near sata ports) got my bootable iprep usb drive (iPrep 101 .007.1). I go through all the steps, it gets the part where it detects the drive, then i power off, it sticks on either 0x51 or 0xD1 (seems kinda random) power drive back on, goes back to 51/D1 alternating, never actually dumps firmware. If its reading the drive, my sata chipset should work (hopefully..) so im not sure if i need to spring for the via card. Anyone else had this problem/know a solution, thanx
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: iPrep stuck at 51/D1

Post by pluto_00 »

I had that problem ... bought the sata card and job done ...

benq can be buggers best option is to go for the card....

I also would say try different timing when powering back on , like very quick or really 15 sec later ...
Try also all the sata ports you got , a different sata cable ... (but it detects so should be good)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iPrep stuck at 51/D1

Post by CoFree »

Zero007 wrote:I recently installed a blaster360ne in my xbox, have a BenQ drive, an Asus p5e-vm hdmi mobo (ich9 sata w/via vt6308 chip near sata ports) got my bootable iprep usb drive (iPrep 101 .007.1). I go through all the steps, it gets the part where it detects the drive, then i power off, it sticks on either 0x51 or 0xD1 (seems kinda random) power drive back on, goes back to 51/D1 alternating, never actually dumps firmware. If its reading the drive, my sata chipset should work (hopefully..) so im not sure if i need to spring for the via card. Anyone else had this problem/know a solution, thanx
if this is your first time flashing a drive i would take the blaster out.
its just one more thing that could be causing the problem.Dont get me wrong i have a blaster on some of mine and like it.
just the first time its better to have the least stuff that can go wrong.

benq and samsung drives are picky.
get the card .
http://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

klutsh has told everyone not to use the v007 iprep.
start using the v006.2 iprep.

dont for get when you get a dump of the drive
STOP right there and check it with firmware toolbox to make sure your key is good.
there have been some lately that have bricked drives because they did not check there firmware key and went strait to the flash after the dump.
if you flash in a bad key ,and dont have a copy of your good key its game over bricked dvd drive that will only play movies.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “IPreP”