All console Gaming News will be here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Obama Takes In-Game Ads

Post by CoFree »

Obama Takes In-Game Ads
By Edge Staff
Electronic Arts has confirmed that presidential candidate Barack Obama's team have taken ads in its Xbox 360 racer Burnout Paradise.

An EA spokesperson told Gigaom, “I can confirm that the Obama campaign has paid for in-game advertising in Burnout. Like most television, radio and print outlets, we accept advertising from credible political candidates. Like political spots on the television networks, these ads do not reflect the political policies of EA or the opinions of its development teams.”

Obama's use of games is just one facet of a campaign that has been noted for its innovative use of media. No presidential candidate has used a game before.

Nevertheless, Obama has consistently used videogames as short-hand for parental negligence. Again this week, he told an audience in Ohio, "You know, I will invest in education. We'll make sure government gets behind the schools. But it won't make much of a difference if parents aren't turning off the television set and putting away the video games and making sure that our children are doing their homework.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Obama Takes In-Game Ads

Post by sadalius »

I'm not sure what to think about this. On one hand it seems kind of backwards with his standings on education and "puting away the video games". But on the other, it could be a smart move in thinking that if we're not going to put away our games, then why not have some campaign adds.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

i look as it like this.
he is seeing that video game are not just for small kids.
that there are older voting adults that play games.

think about it
how much did that cost.
they had to code it build the ad and send the update for the game.
that ad cost big money.

hey
i think ill call them and see what a ad for RHPG would cost me. :D
you think they would like running that ad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I highly doubt they would like it. In fact, they may never get back to you with a quote, LOL!!

But yeah, thats what I was thinking when I read that. He knows that there are a bunch of vote age gamers out there and he wants to appeal to everyone. Of course thats just my opinion though.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “Gaming News”