All console Gaming News will be here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Why you shouldn't lose your buddies in Far Cry 2

Post by CoFree »

Why you shouldn't lose your buddies in Far Cry 2
by: Leonard McCoy
So far Ubisoft has made some interesting design decisions in Far Cry 2: an open, non-static world, Stalker-esque missioning, no HUD, weapon durability, and immersive first-person avatar animations. But none of these aforementioned decisions have been as radical as this one: If one of your buddy NPCs (once unlocked, you can call them for support during a mission) get killed, he will not only be permanently unavailable but also "the content associated with that character is no longer available" to you, states Patrick Redding in an interview with VG247.

If the Far Cry 2 team wants to make the game fully immersive, they really mean it. Far Cry 2 players now really have to pay attention to their NPC friends or else they won't be able to experience the whole game--with all its story- and quest-lines. We don't want to miss out on anything in Far Cry 2, do we?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Why you shouldn't lose your buddies in Far Cry 2

Post by CoFree »

CoFree wrote:If one of your buddy NPCs (once unlocked, you can call them for support during a mission) get killed, he will not only be permanently unavailable but also "the content associated with that character is no longer available" to you,
That is to cool.
i cant wait for this game.
No Questions by PM.
joebf99
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by joebf99 »

I'm looking foward to this game more and more. I've read that the multiplayer is going to be great also.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

bring it on.. can't wait ;)
onyxx
Squire
Squire

Post by onyxx »

A friend at work was telling me that you can use fire as an offense or defensive weapon too. example you can light a fire an it spreads to things around it as a real fire would, or you can make a ring of fire so no one can get to you. He also told me about a level editor where you can make lush jungles an such for multiplayer play.
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

onyxx wrote:A friend at work was telling me that you can use fire as an offense or defensive weapon too. example you can light a fire an it spreads to things around it as a real fire would, or you can make a ring of fire so no one can get to you. He also told me about a level editor where you can make lush jungles an such for multiplayer play.
check it m8.. it's all there : viewtopic.php?f=101&t=2467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

released next week ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

crap
i cant wait for this game.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Gaming News”