PLease help!!! Is my wii bricked?

pspness
Squire
Squire

PLease help!!! Is my wii bricked?

Post by pspness »

I have a modded wii with a D2Pro9 v2.
I tried to installed some PAL .wads on my wii using the twilight hack, it went through, after i reset my Wii, I get the Press A screen. and a black screen after that and it does not do anyhting after that. Is my wii freaked to hell? anyway i can save it?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: PLease help!!! Is my wii bricked?

Post by CoFree »

man
dont mess with it any more till you hear from sadalius.
he may have some info.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
pspness
Squire
Squire

Post by pspness »

Trust me, its gonna sit there untill i can get it fixed. Hope it can anyway, maybe with the SaveMii thing. Oh well, Sadalius Come tomy rescue!!
Mickie James owns me ;)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

There is one thing that I don't do on the wii and thats install wad files. I may run them from a memory card, but those that require to be installed I don't mess with. The reason is that they can cobble up the menu file system. Thats what looks like has happened here. Can you cold boot to a disk at all? If so, you may be able to recover it through a boot disk. I've never done anything like this so I wouldn't be able to guide you through the process. The other option is the one that you mentioned and thats the savemii card. I've not used the savemii card either. The best place to get information on the best way to go would be wiinewz.com.They have guys that know how the menu system works and may be able to get you back up and running without the savemii, but I'm not 100% sure on that though. Either way, its worth it to check them out.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
pspness
Squire
Squire

Post by pspness »

Alright, i just posted my problem up over there. Thanks for everything, ill keep you updated
Mickie James owns me ;)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Hey pspness, if you get a chance, post up a link to your post on wiinewz. I'd like to see some of the responses if you don't mind that is.

EDIT:

I think I found your post. If not its someone with the exact same problem as you. I did some digging and I found this recovery disk, LINK, you might give it a try. I think someone posted the same thing on wiinewz, but not sure if its the same one or not.
Sadalius

pspness
Squire
Squire

Post by pspness »

Well, i just sent it off to nintendo a week ago, so im gettin it back this week. it was a free thing so i guess thats good. that bootdisk didnt work for me, it booted to some extent, but it gave me an error screen.
Mickie James owns me ;)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Wow man. I hate to hear that. At least ninty is fixing it for you though, thats always a good thing!!
Sadalius

pspness
Squire
Squire

Post by pspness »

Well i got my stuff back. They were cool about it, yay! Thanks for the help yall
Mickie James owns me ;)

Return to “General information”