FTP into your Wii

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

FTP into your Wii

Post by sadalius »

Yes, you read right. You can now FTP that homebrew app straight to your Wii's memory card while its inserted into the Wii. Given you have the homebrew channel installed, you can run the FTPii program and do just that. It's compiled into a DOL file instead of an ELF file so it is Hombrew Channel Beta 9 compatible. Here is the LINK.

For those already running the Homebrew Channel, there is an update for it as well. Be warned though that with the new version, any homebrew app that runs from an ELF file that was compiled under DevkitPPC, is no longer compliant with specs so they won't work. The makers of the homebrew channel suggest asking the app maker to release a DOL file version of the app or convert it yourself. Here is the LINK to Homebrew Channel Beta 9.

EDIT: I forgot to add how to convert the elf files. Google search for devkitppc and download the version for your operating system. The instructions I'm giving is for windows users, but the others shouldn't be to terribly complicated. Once you download it, unrar it. You'll have a folder called what else but devkitppc. Inside that folder, locate the bin folder and open it. Place a copy of just the elf file in this folder. Then open a command prompt to this folder and run the command "powerpc-gekko-objcopy -O binary boot.elf boot.dol" without the quotes and hit enter. A couple of seconds later, you'll have your DOL file. And yes, that is a -O the letter O (as in Oliver) not the number 0. Then just put the DOL file with the rest of the other files for that homebrew package and put in the appropriate directory on your memory card and it should work.

Also, if you don't have the homebrew channel installed, HERE is the USA ISO version. And HERE is the Euro ISO version. Both versions require a modchip to be installed and requires firmware 3.2 or lower to be installed. Just burn, run and follow the onscreen instructions. If you don't have a modchip installed or have updated past 3.2 and haven't taken the last update, you can use the twighlight hack to install it. If you've already installed the latest firmware from Nintendo, you'll have to wait and see if they come up with a solution to get it installed.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: FTP into your Wii

Post by CoFree »

man.ftp to the card.that is cool. :shock:
when i get time
i going to mess with my wii again just to try and catch up on all the new stuff for it. :oops:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”