SF2HD Remix

Tell us what you think about the game you are playing
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

SF2HD Remix

Post by BobSeager »

So street fighter iv is coming out in 4 months or so, hopefully. Last week they released street fighter 2 HD Remix and aside from a few quips I have with the new rendition, it's pretty sweet. But you know what sucks? Playing with the xbox directional pad and the analog stick. It's impossible to use the analog stick and not hit the wrong direction. I looked at getting an arcade button layout for the 360 but sadly there aren't many options (under $170 for a custom built one which takes weeks to ship).

I came across this mod someone did with a 360 controller soldered into the guts of an out of print street fighter joystick I had laying around which only worked on ps2 and original xbox (not much use for it anymore).

But rather than use a wired controller like the tutorial, I soldered a wireless controller and a battery pack into the controller's box and mounted them. Now I have a wireless solution to the craptastic xbox controller, and it of course will work on PC as well since it's got the xbox wireless adapter. The only problem was the sync button, obviously critical to the whole project. There were no guides I came across which explained how to properly solder that button, or the contacts to which it led on the PCB of the xbox controller, so I drilled a small hole so I can poke it to sync.

Conclusion: It works great!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: SF2HD Remix

Post by CoFree »

haha

i think that is a good fix there man
that is what the mod scene is all about.
good job :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “What you're playing”