G-Map app crash

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

G-Map app crash

Post by BobSeager »

So I attempted to use the G-Map US map application which is an offline map package for the iPhone & touch. I don't know if it's the size of the application or a bug within, but once I had it in iTunes, total and I mean total lockup. iTunes would load about 3/4 of its 'installation' bar when transferring the app to my phone and then freeze. iTunes showed something had been transferred to the phone, but it wasn't showing up as an application and it wasn't on my phone's springboard. I disconnected the phone and plugged it back in thinking maybe the transfer got bogged down because it's so big (900mb), and noticed that iTunes installed some data (presumably the application due to the size it took up on the phones drive) twice... :x Who the hell knows. After that, every time I launched iTunes it immediately froze. I uninstalled and updated iTunes, same problem came up. Finally I was able to remove the app from iTunes after a third installation. Here we come restore.

Just a heads up to anyone else thinking about buying this $19.99 program. Anyone have the same issue?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: G-Map app crash

Post by sadalius »

I haven't even thought about it really. I just didn't think I would use it enough to justify the 20 dollar price.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: G-Map app crash

Post by CoFree »

good info seager
thanks
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General Discussion”