PS3 Tutorials Hacks?

Let us know what you think would help the site be the best modding site on the net.
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

PS3 Tutorials Hacks?

Post by nxdragon »

Back finally. Lost the internet for like it feels forever but a month or something like that. Well anyway i was going to see if anyone could start a topic of PS3 Hacks or how to play burnt games on a PS3 and How to backup PS3 games. Looked on youtube and found some videos but not that great. Searched google and found some sites but not that much information. So i came to your guy's help once again because you all know your shit. So does anyone have any ideas of any good sites that could help me or does anyone how to do it and what i need to start out with? Thanks, Nxdragon :?:
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: PS3 Tutorials Hacks?

Post by Jman 31 »

As far as I know the PS3 is still not hacked. If it was, you can believe that the guys on this site would be all over it. There have been rumors floating around of some very promising possibilities, but nothing solid so far. Let us know what you find out.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

No real hacks for PS3 as yet. You can install LInux (though Sony is aware of and allows it), there is hack to run java on the PS3, but that's about it. As far as dumping blu-ray games to the hard disk or playing burned blu-ray backups off disc, that's a no go for now. There are a couple "mods" which allow you to play burned PS2 games on PS3, but they involve opening up the PS3 and soldering, plus I've never gotten verified info from anyone that they actually work. Right now the best you can do is install a bigger HDD and play with Linux. The PS3 standard XMB isn't too shabby on features, though I can't say it justifies the price. You can watch native HD stuff, but it requires some conversion and at least a dual core CPU on your PC. You can use a program called mkv2vob for this: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... kv2vob.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive ... tion_3.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

yep.. there's no real hacks for ps3 // granted games can be ripped via swiss army under linux & there are a some java bits & ps store exploits but in the grand scheme of things not much progress has been made...
nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

thanks for all of the replys. Um i wonder when someone out there is going to?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

nxdragon wrote:i wonder when someone out there is going to?
dont we all
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
m60_maniac
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by m60_maniac »

acording to sum1 at my college, his mates is chiped, he got a prototype chip or summin form usa.....i think its bollocks but hes gna ask him for me lol

99% sure its shite but worth asking :)

forsergi
Squire
Squire

Post by forsergi »

Sony Corporation need to face the truth : unhackable console - "unbuyable" console. There is an army of people who dont give a shit about MS vs Sony crap, for them its just a challenge to hack something and allow a bigger army of pirated game rip users to play it. So make an unhackable console and leave it sit in that huge storage area as the technology and gaming trends move on OR make a XBOX 360 and balance out the cost of hardware and USED + Brand new game sales.

Scerg

PS. I want to continue discussion on PS3 vs XBOX 360, but as advised by Cofree im starting different thread no to hijack other people's topics.
thou shall not... <insert bad thing here>

Return to “Whats needed”