Video Conversion

Questions about software go here
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Video Conversion

Post by Hackedit »

Hey All ;)

So here's the dilemma, We all know how bad video looks when it is streamed to the 360 when it is in WMV format and there are not any easy ways to get the 360 to stream divx files. So what i was wondering if anyone has a piece of software they could tell me about to convert an ISO to a format that wont look like it has been.

Im just trying to get some DVD quality out of my ISOs on my home server. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks peep :ugeek:

"It's really not fair for conscious beings to be aware of their own mortality."
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Video Conversion

Post by CoFree »

well i stream avi files from my computer to the 360 and it looks fine
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

mmm I've never used it but I think Handbrake is supposed to be pretty good. If you're worried about quality you can change the output settings. I got out of video file conversion a long time ago, it took way too long. I pretty much use VLC for everything. Handbrake is freeware.
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Hackedit »

Ill give that Handbrake a shot, i have DVDFab5 to convert and the problem im having with that is the choppiness of the film its almost as if the frame rate is really low. As well as sound is very low, hopefully Handbrake gets it done. Just another question which would be the optimal stream format AVI or WMV :?:

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I would think WMV, isn't that the native xbox playback format? Sorry, Cofree or Sadalius would know more about playback on the 360...

I think handbrake has some presets for xbox 360 compatible media output, supposed to be real easy to use and produces good quality. You may want to glance at their website to make sure it does what you want it to tho, I'm not all that familiar with it but it's the best I could think of ;)
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Hackedit »

Sounds good! Ill give it a try when i get home. From what the site says its a 1:1 conversion pretty much..... I wonder if it has anything to do with my PC being able to supply the data at a fast enough rate to my 360, meh well ill know later. Thanks for the help.

Return to “Software”