How To Modify The Wind Tunnel (Shroud) Of Your 360

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
scort
Peasant
Peasant

How To Modify The Wind Tunnel (Shroud) Of Your 360

Post by scort »

Sorry if this is a little off the subject but even though that 360 shroud how to was cool it was also out of my league.
I did have a question that you might be kind enough to give me your opinion on because I respect your knowledge and Intel.
I have a 360 that was bought for me from Hybrid Innovations... Until I got into modding the firmware of mine and others I had no idea that my 360 was LOUD. Turns out Hybrid Innovations did the volt mod as I can see looking from the front, under the motherboard a wire going from the RED of the fan plug to the left somewhere about 3 inches from there.
OK the MOD is done and I don't mind when it comes to gaming but I cant watch movies like this. I have the Whisper fans and its about 15% better but it is still too loud. I have been told that the new whisper fan lets me switch back to 5 volts or 7 volts through a switch but been told by others that that will not work if you are modded to volts.
I have been told to get a "Zalman Fanmate 2 Variable Speed Fan Controller" which has a switch that lets you lower the fan voltage but ZALMAN says on their site not to use this product on a fan with a startup of 12 volts...Confusing...Some use this and say it is the cure but I do not need a burned out 360..
I could sure use some advice........Thanks you.....
My email is sjonat@aol.com
Sincerely
Steve
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How To Modify The Wind Tunnel (Shroud) Of Your 360

Post by CoFree »

man
this thread is for how to guides from members.

ask your question in 360 general information.

i moved your post man.
check your pm
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”