Dual screen privacy

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Dual screen privacy

Post by BobSeager »

Here's a new one-

The network at work uses Novel Zenworks 'Remote Management' in order to effectively hop onto our desktops in order to solve problems from a remote station. They control our mouse, everything, as we watch in horror as they manipulate our desktops. But...I just got a second monitor at my station. So the question becomes, if they hop onto my computer, which desktop will they see? Would it be the one assigned as 'Primary?' or would they see the one plugged physically into the primary vga-out? Or both :?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Dual screen privacy

Post by sadalius »

That would depend on their setup. They could possibly see both. Most software I've seen like that will only diplay the main desktop screen, meaning the one that is assigned by windows as the primary monitor, by default, this is the one with the start button, but not always the case. Keep in mind though that they may be able to see whats on both displays as it is possible, but without ever using Zenworks Remote Management, I couldn't answer 100%.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
cyantific
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by cyantific »

Usually they see the second monitor as an extended desktop at least that's how it has always been for me.
RHPG, home away from home :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you can bet they can/will/do see that 2nd monitor anytime they need/want to.
bank on it.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”