How to play PS2 ISO’s on PS3 via USBAdvance (for PAL SYSTEMS

jockavelli
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

How to play PS2 ISO’s on PS3 via USBAdvance (for PAL SYSTEMS

Post by jockavelli »

How to play PS2 ISO’s on PS3 via USBAdvance (for PAL SYSTEMS ONLY)

Use at your own risk

We cannot take responsibility if you damage your ps3 with this tutorial. Remember, we will not tell you were to get ISOs from…

What you need:

* Swap Magic 3.6+/3.8(Coder)(Must be actual copy, burned copies do NOT work).
* Launch PS3 PAL PS2 (60gb units)
* Flash Drive (PSP in USB MODE will also work).

1. Download the USBAdvance Tutorial File Pack [PAL].

2. Extract the contents of the folder USBADVANCE to the root of your flash drive.

3. Place the Playstation 2 ISO’s of your choice to your external HDD/flash drive. You need to have them properly formmated and copied over via USBUtil(is included in file you downloaded above). If you are not sure how to do this, there is a quick tutorial that guides you through the process. Make sure your USB/Flash drive is plugged into your PS3.

4. Boot up SWAPMAGIC and once loaded into the menu screen, people who are using swapmagic v3.6 press UP (on D-Pad)+L2 on your PS3 controller to browse through your flash drive. People that are using Swapmagic v3.8 go to the SMBOOT menu and select uLaunch from there. In the pack provided uLaunch is SMBOOT1. Go to configure, select any button you want (I usually use X or O), go to MISC and select FILEBROWSER binding it to the selected button, go down and hit ok. Now go to the browser. If you are unable to view your flash drive, then it is not compatible (use another one).

5. USB Loader should start running now. And there you have it, if you followed this tutorial properly you should see the Playstation 2 ISO’s there and just click and launch

Copying backups to your USB Drive

1. Format your external drive/usb drive to FAT/FAT16/FAT32 format.
2. In the download pack you downloaded there should be a folder called USBUtil, go inside that and run the EXE.
3. Go to FILE and click on “OPEN ISO to create game”.
4. Search and click on your PS2 backup, and click CREATE.
5. The program will now copy the ISO over to your pendrive (it takes some time).

I am unable to confirm 100% if this works as I have lost my Swap Magic, I Will be getting another to try.
Bringing NEWS & VIEWS to RHPG

Return to “General information”