iPrep 6.2 + iXtreme 1.5

Post Iprep 101 things here.
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

iPrep 6.2 + iXtreme 1.5

Post by bittersuit_98 »

Hi all,
I thought Cofree or Sadalius had put up a tutorial to use iPrep 6.2 with iXtreme 1.5...i searched in the tuts section but found nothing. Do you guys know where the tutorial went? or is it still possible to use iXtreme 1.5 with iPrep 6.2?

BTW, i noticed that Cofree has made more videos than Tom Cruise...sure Cofree is due an Oscar... :D
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: iPrep 6.2 + iXtreme 1.5

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

There is def no video tut by Cofree, I just searched youtube. Why do you want to use 6.2? get the new 8.8
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:There is def no video tut by Cofree, I just searched youtube. Why do you want to use 6.2? get the new 8.8
8.8 is kinda hard on me...you see, I don't have a CK3 and every time i use 8.8 the DVD tray won't stay half way open. I believe it's because I'm using the console's power supply to power the drive. On a different thread, Cofree explained me how to deal with this issue. But for for some reason i feel more comfortable using 6.2. since it has never let me down.

But I'm 99% sure that Cofree had made a tutorial of iprep 62 and iXtreme 1.5...I also checked on 360 mods where I believe he also posts once in a while but found nothing...I really don't think I was dreaming about the tut. Hopefully Cofree will look at this thread to shed the light.
ncaaplayer4
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by ncaaplayer4 »

I don`t think you can use iprep 6.2 with a lite-on drive.
You can flash a ben or sam with it.
Robinhoods Playground!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, you wouldn't be able to flash a lite-on without some sort of connectivity kit to control the on/off. The 360, as you've found out, will automatically close the tray.

You would have to use a later version of iprep for a lite-on anyway. The older version doesn't support them. Even with the updated definitions, it would have to be a version that uses dosflash, and it would have to be the latest or next to the latest version to work with a lite-on.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

I'm replacing my old BenQ with another identical Benq...so that's why I was wondering if anyone know where the tut is. Like I said, I am pretty sure Cofree upload a tutorial on how to use iPrep 6.2 with iXtreme 1.5 ...to my recollection, the tutorial was basically a copy/paste of the firmtool, the ixdefs, but I can't remember about iXtreme 1.5...so I wanted to take a good a look at Cofree's tut ...I was hoping for Cofree to chime in and confirm whether or not the tutorial actually exist. :?:

Like i said, i feel much more comfortable using 6.2 but I understand teh importance of using the most updated defs and fw
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by Backslash »

I'm sorry for some reason I can't run iprep 6.2 anymore some error ive never seen before. I wont be able to make the tut.
ncaaplayer4
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by ncaaplayer4 »

You flash it the same way you did with the 1.4 frimware.
You just need to up date ixdef to 1.5. It comes with your ixtreme frimware
and it tell you how to up date your ixdef.
Robinhoods Playground!
bittersuit_98
Bandit
Bandit

Post by bittersuit_98 »

I found the tutorial on 360mods.net. :o It wasn't Cofree's tutorial after all. :?

First off, all credit for this tutorial goes to "bigd23" from 360mods. :idea: I must say I had nothing to do with this tut, so all credit is due to this guy who took the time and effort to put it together.

Here is a copy of the post from 360mods.

UPDATE - Klutsh has released iPrep version 008.8 which includes the iXtreme 1.5 definitions and the new version 1.3.1 of Firmtool. You can download it HERE and there are video tutorials by cofree on flashing each drive type HERE. You can ignore the part about needing to load all 3 firmware types (BenQ\Lite-On\Samsung) shown in the videos. That was a bug in iPrep 008.6 which was used to make the videos and it's fixed in 008.8.

Anyone wishing to use iPrep 006 to update to iXtreme 1.5 can still follow the directions below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will just be a short writeup on updating BenQ and Samsung drives to iXtreme 1.5 using iPrep 006. There will be a full tutorial on using the new JungleFlasher software to do BenQ and Samsung drives soon and also a new edition of the Textbook tutorial covering all of the drives.

Download and install iPrep 006.2 (if you don't already have it):
http://www.360mods.net/index....ails&id=84" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Download and extract the new Firmtool 1.3.1 update:
http://www.360mods.net/index....ails&id=71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Download and extract the iPrep definitions for iXtreme 1.5:
http://www.360mods.net/index....ails&id=85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The first thing you want to do after you have iPrep installed is update the definitions and Firmtool with the versions linked above.

Replace the existing ixDef.xml file in the C:\Program Files\iPrep 101 v007\Resources folder with the new one linked above.

Replace the existing firmtool.exe file in the C:\Program Files\iPrep 101 v007\Resources\Tools folder with the new one linked above.

(Note - even though we are using iPrep 006.2 the default installation directory in XP is C:\Program Files\iPrep 101 v007.)

Now simply follow the Textbook 2008 tutorial as though it was the first time flashing. A quick summary:

- You will create a new bootable drive with iPrep (loading the new iXtreme 1.5 firmware in iPrep instead of the 1.4 shown in the tutorial).

- You will then boot to DOS and run dben or dsam to dump your existing firmware. Firmtool will then run automatically to create your new hacked 1.5 firmware.

- Finally, you will reboot both PC and 360 and run fben or fsam to flash the new 1.5 firmware.

This is all covered in much more detail in the Textbook tutorial here. You just want to follow the BenQ or Samsung section as though you were flashing for the first time.

Once the flash finishes writing the 4 banks you are successfully updated to iXtreme 1.5!

Alternate (advanced) method:

If you already have your original firmware backed up and want to skip the dumping step follow the steps below. You will create your new hacked firmware manually first in Windows, then boot to DOS and skip straight to flashing.

Create a bootable drive with iPrep 006.2. Once the drive is formatted, go into the BACKUPS folder on it and create a folder called 1234567. Then go into that folder and create a folder called 12345. The full path on the bootable drive should now be:

\BACKUPS\1234567\12345

- Download the updated "Make iXtreme Firmware.bat" file (includes Firmtool 1.3.1):
http://www.360mods.net/index....ails&id=92" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Extract it to a folder and copy the following 2 things into the folder with it:

1) Your original firmware
2) The iXtreme 1.5 hacked firmware

Then double click the "Make iXtreme Firmware.bat" file and follow the prompts on the screen. This will output a file called "hacked.bin" which is your new 1.5 firmware.

Rename the hacked.bin file you just created to the appropriate name for the drive you're flashing:

Sam-CFW.bin for Samsung drives
BenQ-CFW.bin for BenQ drives

Copy this file to the \BACKUPS\1234567\12345 folder on the bootable drive you created with iPrep. Boot to DOS and skip straight to the flashing, run the following command:

fsam 1234567 12345 for Samsung drives
fben 1234567 12345 for BenQ drives

For reference you can follow along with the flashing section of the Textbook 2008 tutorial for the appropriate drive. Follow along from the point the Textbook tutorial shows the fsam or fben command.

Once the flash finishes writing the 4 banks you are successfully updated to iXtreme 1.5!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thats a good post and bigd does know his stuff
the problem is no one is going to support 1.6 so
everyone need to go to the iprep 008.8
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “IPreP”