serial check

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

serial check

Post by riverw1 »

Hey all. I have been reading this forum since i stumbled into it nonstop. Wow! A forum that does'nt flame on noobs...that's a first. Anyways, my question is....does the serial no. on the back of the console the same as the one listed on the "system" menu found in the dashboard?. I had an older version and swapped it for a new one and forgot to write down the serial of the new console before returning it....duh. I ordered the sata card that has been recommended and will attempt to flash the Benq drive if someone can verify this for me. Thanks.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: serial check

Post by sadalius »

Well, the serial number on the case is supposed to match what it shows on the dashboard system information. But, if for what ever reason, the motherboard of a 360 is swapped into the case of a different 360, then the serial number on the case is not going to match whats on the dashboard. So, viewing the serial number from the dashboard will show you the correct serial number for that motherboard.

If your wanting this information to use in iprep, it's not that important anyway. You can use an 7 digit + 5 digit combination that you want. Like 1234567 12345 or 9876543 98765 and so on and it will work.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

Ok...but in order to flash, don't i need the original serial key or can will a made up one work also?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

A made up one will work just fine. iprep just uses a system like that so if you flash multiple drives, you'll be able to easily keep them separate and not flash the wrong firmware to the wrong drive.

The "key" that you need is in the firmware of the DVD drive. If you swapped the internals of a 360, but didn't swap the DVD drive, you maybe in a little trouble here. But I would say that you swapped the drives to, right?
Sadalius

riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

yes...that's correct. I am good to go. Just waiting on my card now. Thanks again.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, you should be good to go barring any problems with the dump of the firmware and creating your hacked firmware and flashing it back.
Sadalius

Return to “General information”