Iprep v008.8 and Via Chipset and Lite On Drive

Post Iprep 101 things here.
steveranda
Peasant
Peasant

Iprep v008.8 and Via Chipset and Lite On Drive

Post by steveranda »

Ok..So I have been flashing BenQ drives for a long time now, and am about to give the new Lite On drives a try...
I have been reading everywhere that talks about Jungle Flasher crashing their PC, and thus possibly bricking your LiteOn Drive when you have a VIA chipset...
I also read that if you delete the VIA drivers, install the PORTIO32 drivers and are using a VIA chipset you should be ok...
So I wanted to ask what people think is safer?

The other question I have then is in reference to Iprep v008.8. If I decide to go this route, do I even need PORTIO32 drivers installed, or do I just keep my normal VIA chipset drivers? Also, using Iprep , do I have to use the serial port? Does it not work with USB?

So, I have a Extractor tool with the Spear, Lite On drive, with an XP computer with a VIA chipset.
Any help??
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Iprep v008.8 and Via Chipset and Lite On Drive

Post by iamwatt »

i think you should rock out with iPrep 8.8. it's pretty easy and straight forward. if you choose to use it you are going to need to use the serial port, that's how the key is read from the drive. im not familiar with the extractor tool with the the spear, i use the CK3 Lite and normally just bridge the 707 connection with a screw driver. no portio32 drivers needed. . . check out cofree's tut

viewtopic.php?f=195&t=3617

if you follow that, you should be good money
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yep
im with "iamwatt" on this iprep 8.8
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
steveranda
Peasant
Peasant

Post by steveranda »

ok...so Iprep it is..Cofree..Do you happen to have the commands written down or in a written tutorial? I follow the video, but cant see all the commands you are typing.
So, I will uninstall the PORTIO32 driver, and reinstall my VIA driver. Any clue where I can get that? When I go to the VIA download site I see this for my model...
Discrete Serial ATA RAID controllers VT6420/1 ( VT6420 VT6421 ) and I also see 2 entries...Via V-Raid Driver...and Via IDE Falcon Storage Device Driver...I think I need the RAID driver..but not 100pct sure..
Let me know.

Thanks
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

yea, it's a raid driver, but if you have your disk that came with it that should work as well or go to the device manager and locate the card and select update drivers and that should do the trick also.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Take note of the port which you have used in iprep

When you've booted into iprep type:

Dlit ******* ***** (where * indicates your 360 serial number)

Hook your drive up, power it on and eject it, power it off, and close it half way (normally a little further than half) power it back on then insert your probe into the 707 point.

When you have it correctly positioned press enter.

You should see text which says Ensure your Liteon is on and connected to com1 and to press any key to continue

Hit the spacebar

Tells you to eject the drive etc which you have already done in the above step

type Y and enter

It will dump the key etc. (make sure it doesn't have any recurring 0's etc)

It will build the firmware etc.

Important. Reboot into windows and save the files in the backup folder as it is the most important part of flashing. Also worth while following the above steps again and resaving the files

For the flashing section you don't need the probe or the r232 cable attached.

Boot back into iprep and type:

Flit ******* ***** (which corresponds to the serial you used to dump it)

You will get a warning to say if it asks you for magic 28 or mtk vendor press No

Press any key to continue

It will say erasing

Power off the drive then turn back on

press any key to continue

You will receive the same warning about mtk etc as above

press any key

If you have disconnected the r232 cable you won't receive an error but if its still attached just press N

Look for the port which corresponds to the sata port your liteon is connected to (the one which iprep showed)

Enter the port number and press enter

Type W and enter

Type Litcfw.bin then press enter

It will erase then start writing the 4 banks.

When its finished and shows you the C:\ prompt power down, put your 360 back together and punch the air in jubilation.
steveranda
Peasant
Peasant

Post by steveranda »

In reference to the directions that is great! Thanks...1 probably very stupid question..In the old Iprep, I could prepare the flash drive without the Xbox drive hooked into my computer..Is that still the case when Im preparing the flash drive with the new Iprep? Or do I now need to have the Xbox drive hooked into the PC via the sata cable and the drive powered on??

Thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you have never needed the 360 dvd drive hooked to the computer till after you have booted into dos
on your flash boot drive.

then hook up the dvd drive and get the power on. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “IPreP”