Stuck at "Reading bank 0" with new iPrep, works with old one

Post Iprep 101 things here.
WopBaBaLooBop
Peasant
Peasant

Stuck at "Reading bank 0" with new iPrep, works with old one

Post by WopBaBaLooBop »

You guys were an incredible help when I had to learn how to swap DVD drives between two consoles so I figured I'd ask this here. Basically I tried to flash my BenQ drive with the 1.5 firmware on the same system I did it in the first place with 1.4. Anyway, I got the newest iPrep, loaded up a USB thumb drive, and rebooted. I constantly got stuck at "Reading bank 0...". I then tried out FrostyTheSnowMan's XBox modding boot disk and followed the steps, got the right port number, and so on, and the exact same problem happened. It would get past the point where you have to turn it on and off again so obviously everything is connected fine (or else it would do nothing). I tried a 3rd time, this time with a floppy disk, and the same thing again. Stuck at "Reading bank 0...".

Anyway, I luckily still had an older version of iPrep (the one I used for 1.4) and I tried that. I updated the definitions, put my thumb drive in, rebooted, and it worked just fine. Flashed it with no issues at all.

I am wondering if someone could help me figure out what's wrong. The reason is I'd much rather use the boot CD, or at the very least the newest iPrep. I'm very curious as to what could be wrong. My guess is since this is all being done in DOS, the wrong drivers or something are loaded for my VIA card (the SYBA card everyone uses). But that doesn't explain why it works with the old iPrep and not the new one. Figured I could ask you guys who are obviously much smarter than I am. :)
Backslash
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Stuck at "Reading bank 0" with new iPrep, works with old one

Post by Backslash »

There are a few things that could make this happen, I for one don't know why that would happen, maybe you chose the wrong port number and tried to read off another device. Sadalius will prolly know the answer. ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well there is no difference in the file on the new iprep(for benq anyway) and the old.
if one works the other should.
that is a odd problem you have there
to say the least.

it cant be the drivers or it would not work with any program.

i would need to play with that
to understand more as to why its doing that.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
WopBaBaLooBop
Peasant
Peasant

Post by WopBaBaLooBop »

Thanks for the quick replies! I don't think I typed the wrong port number because 1) iPrep doesn't ask me for it and 2) when I put it in that bootable CD it was definitely the right port number as I followed the guide to get it. Also when it flashed using the old iPrep the port it said it worked on was the port number I used in the boot disk.
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

I would say it was something to do with your VIA card (or system) preferring MTKFlash over DOSFlash (which Iprep now uses exclusively)... I haven't used v8 at all, but I've read you have to have the drive half open/closed for the magic 28 command to work and unlock the drive. The strange thing is, I use Dosflash32 1.7, and I don't have to do that, it just sends the command :?:
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
fishsauce
Peasant
Peasant

Post by fishsauce »

im havin a hard time using 008.8 too. i've been tryin to flash my ms25 for the past two days and i occasionally get this error also... i just reboot and did it again and the drive was there..weird.. i might have to try goin back to 004 if it worked for you cuz im starting to get irritated with this thing.. :roll:
cuthroat1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by cuthroat1 »

Hey i was experianceing the same exact problem i would get stuck reading bank 0 and i couldnt flash the drive with the new firmware 1.5.1(from1.5) i eventually ended up trying my 360 and found out it wouldnt read any disc(benq). After freaking out for a while. What finally ended up working for me is I used dosflash32 to erase what ever i screwed up on the drive then i reflashed it using dosflash32 with the original firmware that i backed up using iprep. At this point my drive was reading just originals not backups like it does right out of the box from micro soft. Now i tried using iprep multiple times to read and dump the new 1.5.1 same thing would get stuck at bank 0(i have flashed both benq and lite-on drives from my mobo so it isnt that). Then having my drive and the benofw.bin file on my drive(stock) i used the new jungleflasher0.1.51 and the new tut and got ixtreme 1.5.1 working perfect on my benq. Maybe this will help you with the problems your having.

Good luck

Return to “IPreP”