iprep and benq flash problem

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
dbeerman27
Squire
Squire

iprep and benq flash problem

Post by dbeerman27 »

Ok I am new to doing mods myself but I have 2 modded xboxes. Today I tried to mod a benq

I have the Rosewill rc-212 sata+ultra ata raid controller
Using xp media center sp2

I followed the video tutorial from this website. I used the 12 x 1.4 firmware and iprep v006. I changed the definitions and created a bootable usb drive.

booted to usb drive
dben 1234567 12345
hit y
Turned on xbox turnend off turned on

Reading banks....0,1,2,3 reading finished data sum
After it reading the banks, the program started retyping from the top of the page the same line on line that was below it then basically froze...

*******firmtool never came up**********

Turned off the computer and check to make sure I had a backup ofw and cfw(I believe it stands for original and created firmware)

del the folder with backup and new created firmware.

went to iprep and red did all the setting again... created a bootable usb all over along with the format.

rebooted to usb drive
dben 1234567 12345
reading bank 0,1,2,3 reading finished data sum (what ever it was)... and it froze.....same thing retyping the same lines that were below it from top to bottom and the it froze

*****firmware tool never came up up*******

Turned off the computer booted into windows checked to see if I had a backup and a created firmware and I did and
both were 256k

turned off the computer and booted off of the usb drive.
fben 1234567 12345
hit y
turned on xbox d1 then off then on
erasing.....
than it went right to
writing bank 0
writing bank 1.......and froze.

turned off the computer rebooted on the usb drive
fben 1234567 12345
y
turned on xbox d1 turned off turned on
erasing
turned off xbox
hit enter
hit y
turned on xbox d1 turned off turned on
writing bank 0,1,2,3 ok
writing finished data bank (what ever it is)

I don’t now why it was doing all that freezing.

Ok now here is the real problem

I put in burned game and it goes to a white screen and says

to play this disk put it in an xbox 360 console

I put in an original game and get the same message.

Like I said when I stared, I have a Samsung and a hatchi xbox that is modded. All of my games work on them… burned or originals
after doing some more investigating i checked my back up firmware with firmware toolbox. It does have the key in it..
i checked the created firmware and it has all 777777777777777777

what do i do Please help

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: iprep and benq flash problem

Post by sadalius »

Check the original firmware with firmware toolbox for a valid key. If it has a valid key, then copy it and then open the custom firmware and replace the key thats all 7's with the good key and reflash the drive with this custom firmware. If the original has all 7's, your not going to be happy because that means that you don't have your drives valid key to put back in it so it can read games. I'm thinking that since it dumped the firmware but firmtool never came up, that your original will probably have the valid key still.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the reason firmtool did not start could be that you did not unplug your hard drive before booting on the flash.(if its a sata HD)

if you orig firmware does have a good key.DON'T LOSE IT.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
dbeerman27
Squire
Squire

Post by dbeerman27 »

i did not unplug my hard drive.......hmmmmm maybe that is it...I watched your video and I dont remember seeing you do that... Oh by the way great video....thanks for all your help to us beginners in the moding scene.

I have a good backup so I used rben command then created my own firmware and went back and rben the new firmware... It was kinda confusing because I didnt know that you had to rename the new firmware to benq-ofw or whatever it save as when it gets dumped....

I have one more question does Iprep 6 work the same way for all of the other dvd drives besides the 79? just load the proper firmware and do the rest?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

You don't use iprep for any hitachi drive. Only samsungs and benq's, with samsungs the command is rsam and fsam, instead of rben and fben.

With hitachi's you would use 360 firmware toolbox, and either a connectivity kit or slax disc for mode b on pre-0078 drives. with 0078 drives you have to use the slax disk. With 0079's you have to solder in a 79 passkey to be able to treat it like a 0078.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
angelus2020
Bandit
Bandit

Post by angelus2020 »

If you are going to need a 79 Passkey tell me because I have one that I didnt use, and if you give me 25$ ill send it to you man because again I dont need it
Eso es asi mi pana.
dbeerman27
Squire
Squire

Post by dbeerman27 »

thanks but that soldering is to small for me...Ill send the drive ot if i get one

Return to “Beginners”