just wondering...

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

just wondering...

Post by riverw1 »

I am waiting for my sata card for my benq and wondered if the onboard sata on my mobo will have any conflicts with it? Do i need to disable it or is it better to install the card in another pc? I also created the flash drive from iprep 101v6 using a usb drive but in dos the drive prompt is C: and will not recognize the usb in G:. I hope this is making a little sense. Anyways, will i get this issue with the new sata card installed?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: just wondering...

Post by CoFree »

no you wont have to disable it.
when you open iprep and you look at the raid controller it will need to say via6421 like in the guide.in my computer the sata card is via 6421 and the onboard is silicon sil 3531
you just click the drop dowm arrow thats blue and you can pick your other controller
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

ok...but what about the issue with the usb drive. Will that fix the problem with this card installed.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

im not sure what your asking

IF you are booting up on the usb flash
Then the command prompt looks like C:\_ that is the way it should look.that "C" is not the drive .just dont worry about that.watch this.it should help.
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... =110&t=277
No Questions by PM.
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

i see...ok. Thanks for clarifiying.
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

ok...i hope it's ok to continue my replies here. I got my card and successfully dumped my original firmware in usb and checked with firmtool 4.6 showing valid drive key, successful drive & serial copied. Is the "BenQ-OFW" on the back-up folder the one i am suppose to copy, mail etc.?. Also, i am assuming that using IPrep 101 v006, i can just go ahead and do the erase & flash procedures and not worry about pasting the drive key or changing it. I read that but i think that is for dos 1.3 to do those steps. I just want to make sure that i can just go ahead with this like the video tut of COFREE. Thanks.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes
the "benq-ofw"save a copy of that.make sure the key looks good.the key is whats important but if you save the whole orig firmware that is great(what i do)
when you did the dump/read as long as you saw firmtool run at the end of the dump/read then it should have built the hacked firmware and you should be good to go.
just like in the video
No Questions by PM.
riverw1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by riverw1 »

Hey COFREE....i did it man! The first time, i got E68 for some odd reason. I followed your restore and started over. Man, i thought i was gonna shit bricks the first time. What i did differently on th 2nd try was use my serial no. and not the example in tut (1234567 12345)...is that it maybe?. The other rookie mistake was i left an original game in the drive, duh. Did the whole process over again and it booted originals and backups as well. Wow, awesome. I don't have to pay $50.00 to local modders anymore. This is my 5th console due to the RRoD issues. I hope it lasts me awhile. Thanks to you and all the mods. that give us noobs to try and be like you....emphasize on try. Let me know where i can donate to you...thanks Cofree.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea i would have took the game out before flashing.
putting in the 1234567 12345 was not the problem.if you watch the video you saw that i use it and it works.
im not sure what could have went wrong the first time.

glad you got it going. :D :D
thanks for the offer to donate but it not needed.
you can just stick around post up and share your input with people.that are just getting started.
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Beginners”