ac er laptop

jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

ac er laptop

Post by jimbojimjay »

got a laptop with a broken screen thought ill use it with my tv as a monitor cant get in to control to change the resolutions is there any way i can increase the resolutions i have tried to do it in safe mode but when you press apply it wont work any ideas thanks for any help
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: ac er laptop

Post by BobSeager »

Hey man,

I'm guessing when you connect out to the tv (through VGA?) nothing shows up and you want to mirror the laptop to your TV? Sorry, I'm a little lost. Can you get to the desktop at all?
jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jimbojimjay »

sorry only just got in yes i want to use the tv as the monitor but i cant get into the laptop control panel to change settings i can get in on safe mode on the tv but them controls dont work in safe mode so im stuck i have just sent of for a new screen hope everything ok when i fit it but thanks for replying
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Ah man, that's probably your best bet. I was going to see if I could find a command line operation for you so that you could extend the desktop from your broken screen.

I came across this, which if you followed on a working computer and then put on a usb drive and write an autorun program to execute (blindly of course, it would take some trial and error) might get it working

Who knows, could be fun to try this on your laptop while you await the new screen

http://nod5.dcmembers.com/tv_out.html

Return to “General information”