This World Lacks Serious Imagination

Any thing that should be in the toilet can and should be posted here!
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

This World Lacks Serious Imagination

Post by King Brace Blane »

I was looking for something good to watch on TV. I have 150 channels that repeat the same crap. If you didn't catch Jurassic Park 3 on the Sci-Fi Channel you can watch it three times on TBS this weekend. :roll: I remember some old comedies and they just don't show them on TV anywhere. What happened to "Evil Roy Slade" I haven't seen that one or "The Villain" in years. Not that they were great but they haven't been shown in a long time. It is like listening to a radio station, you hear all their music tracks within a day. So I started looking for something to rent on DVD... Transporter 3. Like I didn't get enough from the first two movies, the actor of this movie is making another sequel this April to Crank where the man died by falling out of a helicopter and hit a parked car! Sequels just piss me off, if you don't know what I mean, see the South Park episode where George Lucas gets arrested for raping Indiana Jones. So I turned to the movies at the theater and the number one movie is... wtf??? "Race to Witch Mountain" some remake of a crappy Disney movie I saw when I was a kid. I can't win, I hear they are making more remakes and sequels for us to view this summer. I think the writers need to pick up something called a book and get some ideas of their own and stop ripping off old shitty movies nobody liked. I guess I will just surf YouTube instead.

KBB
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Re: This World Lacks Serious Imagination

Post by Hackedit »

Go do a search for a TV show called Dexter very original and i keeps you watching. Good stuff, but yeah have to agree with the lack of original ideas not only in movies but tv, music, and i hate to say but even in games. Very popular industries get over saturated if they see something that works well.

My 2 copper.

"It's really not fair for conscious beings to be aware of their own mortality."
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I am on a completely different page. I feel the shows have only gotten better... Companies research what genre of t.v shows are most popular, and what topic is popular in each genre...

I have a bunch of shows I am addicted to, and wish they were on more often. Mondays nothing is on... Tuesdays is House (sometimes its mondays) Wednesdays is Real World and Lost Thursdays is nothing Fridays is Fantasy Factory Im not usually home friday nights or all of saturdays, so I watch all the shows I miss on sunday ;)
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

One TV show my wife is addicted to is CSI (all flavors). Which I find tends to insult the viewers intelligence and offends me every time I see it. Every single episode has the super cops of CSI find DNA matches in just seconds and computer displays that would put most video games to shame. As if everyone's DNA, finger prints, and photo is on file somewhere. I am not saying that the police don't catch criminals, I just get tired of the technical BS they use on these TV shows. I had my fill of Columbo and all the cop shows that followed. How many feel Monk is a direct rip off of Columbo? That is not entertainment.
Hackedit wrote:Go do a search for a TV show called Dexter very original and i keeps you watching. Good stuff, but yeah have to agree with the lack of original ideas not only in movies but tv, music, and i hate to say but even in games. Very popular industries get over saturated if they see something that works well.

My 2 copper.

As for video games, well I had my fair share of that too. They seem to have a glut of war games and other mindless FPS on the market. No real surprises or plot to follow. Unless someone tells me we didn't win World War II...

I made a MUD years ago it is probably still drifting on the electronic garbage of the internet. It was a crime based game called Underworld written in Pascal (tells you how old that is) for ASCII computers. At the time it was very original but now they call it GTA San Adreas :D (joking)
I googled it just now and wouldn't you know I found a copy here (edit by: CoFee). Just run it in demo mode if your interested in seeing what my generation called an online game.

KBB

please no direct download links
A link to the site where the download is at is fine.
thanks
CoFree

Sorry about that CoFree, if anyone wants to find it look on this page: http://archives.thebbs.org/ra91c.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the file named BDUWCD10.ZIP but like I said, you won't be impressed.
Last edited by King Brace Blane on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Man I watched like 10 minutes of Lost when I heard a bunch of people at work talking about it like it was the greatest show ever. After I heard the character explain the island was in a time warp and they would soon time travel again, I turned it off and took the batteries out of my controller.
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

Not don't get me wrong I have a handful of shows I DVR so I have something to watch but ..........
I want to know what is up with all this reality crap out there. I can get into movies Gran Torino and Taken were great but this non reality tv is horible it seems like every channel has one too From ABC to MTV it all is garbage

HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I hate CSI, Numbers, NCIS and all those kind of shows...

Anyone that understands even a little bit about computers knows the computing tasks they do are outrageous... I would say Numbers is the worst for this, then CSI, then NCIS.

BobSeager wrote:Man I watched like 10 minutes of Lost when I heard a bunch of people at work talking about it like it was the greatest show ever. After I heard the character explain the island was in a time warp and they would soon time travel again, I turned it off and took the batteries out of my controller.
You simply cannot watch 1 episode in the middle of the series and expect to like it. You need to watch it from the beginning with no bias. If you dont like it thats cool, but everyone always likes to comment on how crazy the plot is...

Also, about reality shows, I like a bunch of them, but it depends on who and what its about. IE: I like to watch the crazy things Rob Dyrdek does, his personality is hilarious to me. Travis Pastrana, I like watching his reality type show because its funny, its simmilar to jackass...

I get VERY tired of survivor and those kind of shows...
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

Really I must say that I am torn I know I said I hate reality shows but I do agree with you Rob and Big had me busting at the gut quite a few times but I must say the majority of these shows make me puke. I hate survivor and all the like shows i.e. Big brother.

King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

BobSeager wrote:Man I watched like 10 minutes of Lost when I heard a bunch of people at work talking about it like it was the greatest show ever. After I heard the character explain the island was in a time warp and they would soon time travel again, I turned it off and took the batteries out of my controller.
Those must be the same people that like to watch these lame TV game shows, "Deal or No Deal" should be retitled "Blind Stinking Luck". My wife some years ago purchased "Survivor: The Interactive Game" for the PC. :roll: Talk about a lame duck video game. Redundant conversions that have no actual effect on game play. She only paid a few dollars for it but shortly after it was loaded we quickly buried it on a disused software shelf. I tend to believe the best games are the free games made by individuals and not software companies.

But back to the TV and Movies, the Sci-Fi channel is airing a marathon of Star Trek: Enterprise all day and if that is not enough to make you vomit, right after the marathon at 1am, Lost. :shock: But being a big fan of sci-fi I must warn you about this turkey I rented. "Battlespace" 2006, stay far away from it. What makes this movie so bad you ask? Dialog. The lack of dialog makes this a movie perfect for a deaf audience. In fact if you rent this, just turn the volume down to zero and pop in any heavy metal CD from your favorite artist. I know you will enjoy it better. The plot of this turkey was so encumbered with tech and geek speak most people will need a translator for the narrative. The special effects, they are worse than video game trailers or cut scenes. The actors, two of them, are not much to look at either. They say nothing much through out the entire movie. Many of the technical aspects will make you laugh like the scene where the hero straps herself to a missile and fires it at the city 70km away and it never showed how she landed the thing. The scene before that we see a robotic sentry fire at her with a cannon from 12 feet away and he misses with multiple shots. Also we are told that the political division between the antagonist and protagonist is bio-tech (genetically enhanced humans) vs cyber-tech (machine enhanced humans) but both seem to be cyborgs or enhanced humans you really can't tell a difference. The plot is nonexistent and I felt like I should just destroy the video but it was a rental, so I returned it.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

lol yes, thank you for following my logic King

I mean there's a reason I stopped watching Quantum Leap too ;)

Battlespace sounds like a MST3k title ;)
King Brace Blane
Squire
Squire

BobSeager wrote:lol yes, thank you for following my logic King

I mean there's a reason I stopped watching Quantum Leap too ;)
Another sci-fi movie filled with paradox, "Time Cop" about the only time traveler show I can follow is Dr. Who and that is off the air right now. Dr. Who is an alien who mucks about in other alien (includes Earth) time lines. So no worry about changing your past if your messing with a whole other planet right? :D My son and I used to watch it on Friday nights but the BBC didn't make a 2008 season. They took a break and said it would return this Fall. Another bad sci-fi series was "Sliders" and it had potential but just got increasingly worse year after year. I never saw much past the first season but to my understanding they completely recasted the show several times.
BobSeager wrote:Battlespace sounds like a MST3k title ;)
If it is not on their list it should be.
The NdN Kid
Bandit
Bandit

Post by The NdN Kid »

You know what show I like .. I know it's kinda stupid to say but I like catching the soup on E every now and then. It cracks me up to watch all the really horrible clips from all the really bad shows. It kinda just shows everyone how stupid they are for watching them all

dustman1995
Bandit
Bandit

Post by dustman1995 »

Yeah the Soup is awesome. Lost is my s**t yo! It has gotten a little far fetched. I will give you that Seager, But I'm committed. I've been watching it from the beginning. To late to turn away. What is up with Big Black from Rob and Big? On Rob's new show Fantasy Factory, there is not even mention of what Big is upto. My newest is Bully Beatdown! That is off the chain! Scrubs has Jumped the shark! I'm out
Life is full of influences, It's your application that sets you apart.

Return to “The Outhouse”