CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Microsoft Plans Motion Sensing Controller

Post by CoFree »

Microsoft Plans Motion Sensing Controller
Written by Ice Ac
Wednesday, 26 December 2007

Motion Sensing technology Rumored If what we’re hearing out of Saratoga, California is true, Xbox 360 owners can expect to be playing motion sensing games, much like that of the Wii or PS3, by the end of next year. The details are still sketchy, but it appears a first-party add-on to existing controllers may be the delivery method of the technology. More after the jump:

Hardcore gamers have known for sometime that it’s not too difficult to add motion-sensing functionality to the 360. With homebrew add-ons being worked on for the last year or so like the Xilt mod , it seemed only a matter of time before MS decided to release their own peripheral.

It appears Microsoft has contracted the Saratoga, California firm, Gyration to handle the peripheral. If that name sounds familiar, it’s for good reason. Gyration is the company responsible for the prototype designs of the Nintendo Wii-mote, which we all know has become a huge success. Most recently, the company was in the spotlight for creating a motion-sensing remote for Microsoft’s Media Center.

While details are still a bit thin on when “exactly” we’ll see this technology, we’re still excited at the prospect of new interactivity with our Xbox 360 games. There's also no word on whether or not the new add-on will incorporate the motion-sensing technology that MS successfully patented last year.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Microsoft Plans Motion Sensing Controller

Post by sadalius »

I think this is something MS should have had from the beginning. The PS3 has it, Wii was born with it. It was no secret that these consoles would have it long before they came out. They had plenty of time to have a motion sensing controller. I guess their main focus was to bring the 360 to the front line as quick as they could. We all know what the end result was of that.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Microsoft Plans Motion Sensing Controller

Post by CoFree »

well i have mixed felling about it.
the wii is cool but hard to control sometimes.
the ps3 well that a different story.i think you should be able to turn it off and use the thumb stick if you want to.
but over all i think if it was done right it would be cool
lets keep in mind that M$ cant make hardware worth a crap.so who know.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “General information”