anyone hear of?

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
mrsmackdaddy
Bandit
Bandit

anyone hear of?

Post by mrsmackdaddy »

i have a sony dvd rw dru-820 1.0b dl dvd burner. i heard you cannot burn xbox 360 games with it! anyone else hear of that or has the same burner as i do and tried it? thx
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: anyone hear of?

Post by BobSeager »

topic moved to xbox 360-->general information

It's been a long time since I have done anything with the 360 but I think the drive has to be able to bitset/booktype. As far as I remember that's the only requirement when choosing a burner. I couldn't find a definitive answer as to if that model can booktype, but the dru-830 does. One of the other guys may be able to help.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Some drives are very picky even some that can be bit-set/book type changed. I had a cheap lite-on dvd+rDL drive that would not burn a single good game. So I picked up a Plextor 850SA and haven't looked back since. But with imgburn and the new iXtreme firmware there's no concern with bit-setting anyways. As long as you have a good .dvd file there's no reason to worry about it.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

i use imgburn and i use a sony dl burner with sony dl dvd and never had a prob i know everyone one says use verbatim dvds but like i said i never had a prob with the sonys and there a bit cheaper

xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

I do not have that drive but, when I burnt my backups my burner did not need to have booktype set, only layerbreaks.
I found this site when i was looking up tutorials on how to burn games.
It was of no use to me but maybe it will help here.
mrsmackdaddy
Bandit
Bandit

Post by mrsmackdaddy »

ok thx everyone! will give mine a shot
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

technoe wrote:Some drives are very picky even some that can be bit-set/book type changed. I had a cheap lite-on dvd+rDL drive that would not burn a single good game. So I picked up a Plextor 850SA and haven't looked back since. But with imgburn and the new iXtreme firmware there's no concern with bit-setting anyways. As long as you have a good .dvd file there's no reason to worry about it.
Im using a lite-on from walmart but i actually had too because one had a bad motor so the second one i picked up worked

Return to “General information”