Disk unreadable.

The place to ask your questions about the Xbox 360
Hexadecimal_7
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Disk unreadable.

Post by Hexadecimal_7 »

Yup I used the exact ones with the purple wrap and no luck at all burning about 3 games. Then I tried Verbatims and they have yet to give me a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

If you do decide to shell out on Verbs make sure you get the made in singapore ones as the made in india ones aren't up to the usual high standards and can be very hit and miss.
xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

dalecheesy wrote:If you do decide to shell out on Verbs make sure you get the made in singapore ones as the made in india ones aren't up to the usual high standards and can be very hit and miss.
I was actually thinking about one of these two from newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817130040
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817130008

Cheapest I could find.
$0.79 (30pk) and $0.74 (20pk) a disk

But as for now I have all of the backups saved on the xbox's harddrive.

Are the ones that are upto 2.4x better than the upto 8x?
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Reading through customers reviews it seems that they have been receiving the made in india ones. your best bet is to try and find a retailer near you so you can check on the pack. I normally order mine from ebay as certain sellers will stipulate that they are the Singapore ones.
Riax
Bandit
Bandit

Post by Riax »

I don’t think its your media it could be bad dumps or burns i use cheap ass Aone disc's £6 for 10 and my drive purrs like a kitten with them in but with verbs and orgs its a monster

Sometimes games my friends have burnt won’t work in my drive but I have never had a problem with ones iv made

Iv got a Lite-on drive

Goanna try Memorex when am out 8-) * Hears People Scream*
xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

I've noticed that the xbox more frequently displays the "Put this disk in an xbox to play" message with the original disks.
It only started to do that after I initially flashed the drive.
Could it be bad iXtreme files or something?
(I dont remember where I got the iX files. :-/)

I want to re flash it to 1.51 when i get some time, so maybe that will fix it?
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Yeah im a saddo, coz im new to this I sometimes sit and watch the burn to make sure it dont go wrong, Well even if it did there nothing u can do about it coz disc is broke then, I use e-discs, a tenner for 10 or 99p single. Sometimes the buffer just drops right down and then on some it goes like clockwork, I reckon I get about 7 good backups out of 10 so they not that bad really. I have the option in image burn to use 1x or 2.4x speeds, Theres other higher ones but even tho I choose 2.4 I only get 4x so is it right these discs only go as low as 4x, Im still getting good backup tho but this may be the reason some of them dont go right.

Verbs are too hard to come by in the UK especially if you dont have credit cards to shop online, Absolutely nowhere has them.
xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

nufcmickey wrote:Yeah im a saddo, coz im new to this I sometimes sit and watch the burn to make sure it dont go wrong, Well even if it did there nothing u can do about it coz disc is broke then, I use e-discs, a tenner for 10 or 99p single. Sometimes the buffer just drops right down and then on some it goes like clockwork, I reckon I get about 7 good backups out of 10 so they not that bad really. I have the option in image burn to use 1x or 2.4x speeds, Theres other higher ones but even tho I choose 2.4 I only get 4x so is it right these discs only go as low as 4x, Im still getting good backup tho but this may be the reason some of them dont go right.
After burning another game I noticed ImgBurn says 4x when writing even though i set it to 2x:

Is this normal?
beachbum230
Peasant
Peasant

Post by beachbum230 »

I used Nenorex DVD+R DL and it failed the 1st time but then it burned the second time. I get the put this disk in an xbox console from the game I burned though. It might just be the game though because it was downloaded. I currently own the game so from what I know I can download it for a backup since I cannot hook up my xbox to my PC :P. Feel free to flame me.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

xXxnottaxXx wrote:
nufcmickey wrote:Yeah im a saddo, coz im new to this I sometimes sit and watch the burn to make sure it dont go wrong, Well even if it did there nothing u can do about it coz disc is broke then, I use e-discs, a tenner for 10 or 99p single. Sometimes the buffer just drops right down and then on some it goes like clockwork, I reckon I get about 7 good backups out of 10 so they not that bad really. I have the option in image burn to use 1x or 2.4x speeds, Theres other higher ones but even tho I choose 2.4 I only get 4x so is it right these discs only go as low as 4x, Im still getting good backup tho but this may be the reason some of them dont go right.
After burning another game I noticed ImgBurn says 4x when writing even though i set it to 2x:

Is this normal?
Yeah same here mate, I set it to 2.4 and even sometimes as low as 1x but write rate always says 4x, Its weird coz ive checked the discs since my message and it says only 8x so obviously its not my discs coz then the write rate would be 8x and wudnt go any lower, Maybee my PC drive can only do 4x im not sure, LoL Unless the compromise each other which is highly unlikely.

Can anyone help us out on this please ? I still get good backups most of the time but just wondering. Now and again I get 2 error messages in imageburn saying something like waiting for buffers to reach threshold level and other one I cant remember, Does anyone have any idea on this aswell ?

Thanks guys !
xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

nufcmickey wrote: Yeah same here mate, I set it to 2.4 and even sometimes as low as 1x but write rate always says 4x, Its weird coz ive checked the discs since my message and it says only 8x so obviously its not my discs coz then the write rate would be 8x and wudnt go any lower, Maybee my PC drive can only do 4x im not sure, LoL Unless the compromise each other which is highly unlikely.

Can anyone help us out on this please ? I still get good backups most of the time but just wondering. Now and again I get 2 error messages in imageburn saying something like waiting for buffers to reach threshold level and other one I cant remember, Does anyone have any idea on this aswell ?

Thanks guys !
I fear it may be our media.
My log file says:

Last line afterr completeling the burn says:
--->20:46:34 Average Write Rate: 5,306 KB/s (3.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,854 KB/s (4.2x

4x and 6x, does your disks have the same Disk ID?

Colorful picture though. At least we can enjoy that. :P
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I am like 99% sure when you look at your DVD's and you see '8x' that is the maximum speed you can write at.

I know with mine they support 4 6 and 8 times... Its not a big deal if you set it at 2x and its going at 4 thats the slowest you can write that disk with... The quality shouldn't suffer very much at all if your speed is at 4x rather than 2.4x...

In regards to whoever's buffer problems, that has to do with your burner I believe... Try burning while your not using your computer for anything... IE start burning, leave your computer and go watch t.v

I dont think those buffer problems really effect your backup but I am not too sure, as I never have had buffer problems.

PS: I dont exactly know why you whited out certain parts of the picture, there is nothing incriminating in your picture... The only thing shown is your dvd drive model, the game name (providing you named it as 'game name'.iso when you ripped it) Size and time dont mean a thing.

So in the future you dont need to take the time to white out things... It doesn't matter.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Thanks mate as I thought about the discs,

Yeah its me with the buffer probs, Most the time or more often than not it goes ok but sometimes I get the little yellow triangles, 2 of them with all I can remember 1 of them says waiting for buffers to recover, and Im sure the other 1 says something about threshold levels, But sometimes even when doing this like you say the games are still ok but some are not.

I read up that I needed to close certain progs while burning as this was causing it and although it has reduced it, still sometimes it still happens, Could it be my Ram coz ive only got 1 gig of that but GFX using 256 of that, Maybee the ram is being strained.
xXxnottaxXx
Bandit
Bandit

Post by xXxnottaxXx »

nufcmickey wrote: I read up that I needed to close certain progs while burning as this was causing it and although it has reduced it, still sometimes it still happens, Could it be my Ram coz ive only got 1 gig of that but GFX using 256 of that, Maybee the ram is being strained.
Open the Task Manager. (Ctrl + ALT + DEL)
Check at the bottom where is says Processes, CPU Usage, and Physical Ram.
Any of them over 50% idle?
Hows Hard drive space?
If you have a separate graphics card (i.e. PCI, PCI-E, AGP) it should have its own ram on the card.

I found:
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/forums ... #post81062

Says XP switches from DMA to PIO.
And thats slowing the burning down a bunch.
iirc, it should be on Ultra DMA.
That site also has a fix, im sure there are other people with the same problem, so let us know if that fixes it.
DirtySkunk
Bandit
Bandit

Post by DirtySkunk »

Wow, this thread is longer than it should be. ;)

Your drive is on it's death bed.
Replace it, then see how you crappy discs do on a new one.
xXxnottaxXx wrote:After burning another game I noticed ImgBurn says 4x when writing even though i set it to 2x:
Check that your burner can burn @2.4x
Check that your media can burn @2.4x
When you burn them, set it to 2.4x

Some people can burn 4x and even 8x with success (I always use 2.4x)
You will most likely, never have success below 2.4x (not sure why that is)

GL

Return to “Beginners”