usb mass storage

jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

usb mass storage

Post by jimbojimjay »

anyone else getting this problem untill now never had any problem with using iprep just put flash drive in do the stuff with iprep then boot into bios to change boot order but now im getting a problem when i put flash drive into the slot i dont get thre message installing driver like i used to get tried three other flash drives so i know its not that go into device manager and on usb mass storage device there is the yellow mark when i check it it says this device cannot start code 10 i have tried uninstalling tried getting new drivers but nothing is sorting it need help anyone thanks oh and i have tried windows help but that is just a waste off time thanks again
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: usb mass storage

Post by technoe »

You may try the manufacturer's website. I don't know if they'll have drivers on there or not but they should. Also sometimes iPrep will still see the drive anyways. It may be worth trying. What kind of drive are you using now and is it the same drive you've been using?
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jimbojimjay »

the prob is i cant use iprep now cos the pen drives are not getting seen by the pc the drive is not getting the drivers installed thats what the code 10 means im looking for a answer to how it happened and how to fix thanks
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

I would look at the manufacturer's website to see if they have the drivers. If Windows isn't installing it's own drivers then it won't no matter how many times you connect it. What brand do you have? Model # too would be nice.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

have you set up this pc to work with jungle flasher with the portio driver
if so that want work for iprep
you would need to redue the orig driver

hmmm
well you are not talking about the sata driver you are talking about a usb driver
wow
man i just dont know
you may look on the mobo and see if you have a extra usb port/plug if so move to that one.
i guess there is a chance the port could have burned up.
but
then again
i would think it would be red in the DM if that was the case.

keep us in the loop on this man. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jimbojimjay »

i have couple of usb ports on front and tha same on the back what is happening is when i plug the flash drive in i used to get the preconfigured folder pop up and the driver gets installed but now it cant or wont install drivers i also have external hdd and when i plug that in i get the same problem im on a medion pc duel core i have had it about a year and this as only started the last few days if i look in device manager i get the usb mass storage device yellow mark i uninstall it to see if it might fix it self when i look its still the same but two other usb storage devices appear i try them and they get the yellow mark and when i restart they have vanished its wierd thanks for any help
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

Check your BIOS for any usb settings. Look for things like Legacy, or Perf mode. Depending your bios it might be labeled something else. But it sounds like maybe something was disabled in either your BIOS or somehow in windows. I'm leaning toward your bios.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well fist start working with just usb ports that are on the mobo
like on the back
not a usb plug on the front or side of the case

yea
maybe just reset your bios to default and see if that does anything.
No Questions by PM.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

I had this problem once and what it turned out to be was that I plugged one of those 5 in one sd/stick/whateva you got card readers into my computer...it locked up every usb port that I had...two days of hair pulling. I simply turned off my computer unplugged everything plugged into the usbs rebooted ....waited to fully load...hard booted as I had no keyboard or mouse...pulled the plug...plugged everything back in...booted twice...and all was right with the world. Hope this helps.
jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jimbojimjay »

thanks for your reply but ive tried that ive uninstalled vista three times thinking that would sort it but no ive googled it and there is loads with the same problem but no answer that i can see i would like to find out what caused it aswell as being able to fix it im loosing what little hair i had left thanks again
jimbojimjay
Bandit
Bandit

Post by jimbojimjay »

just to let you know i fixed it well i reinstalled vista 5 times and then it fixed itself how i dont know but thanks for your replys
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

man
that is some odd crap there.
glad you got it man.
No Questions by PM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Sometimes Vista is tricky with recognizing new storage devices. Try right clicking my computer and going to Manage. Then select storage media and it will likely show up as unallocated space. This drove me nuts before I found it.

Return to “General information”